VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz

commits-2

tim Rowledge uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz

Name: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268
Author: tpr
Time: 15 September 2017, 5:04:39.584258 pm
UUID: e592c56e-6e86-4442-8c5c-4ea26758da2f
Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-eem.2267

First pass at removing obsolete window color setting and move to the new theme framework.

=============== Diff against VMMaker.oscog-eem.2267 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: InterpreterPrimitives class>>initialize (in category 'class initialization') -----
- initialize
- "Initialize the window color.  This is probably Squeak-specific, so..."
- [Preferences
- setWindowColorFor: #cogVirtualMachineSimulatorWindowColor
- to: (Color colorFrom: InterpreterPrimitives windowColorSpecification brightColor)]
- on: Error
- do: [:ex| Transcript show: 'Failed to set window color preference in ', thisContext method methodReference asString]!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: InterpreterPrimitives class>>windowColorSpecification (in category 'window color') -----
- windowColorSpecification
- "Answer a WindowColorSpec object that declares my preference"
- "Preferences
- setWindowColorFor: #cogVirtualMachineSimulatorWindowColor
- to: (Color colorFrom: InterpreterPrimitives windowColorSpecification brightColor)"
- ^WindowColorSpec
- classSymbol: self name wording: 'Cog Virtual Machine Simulator'
- brightColor: #(0.645 1.0 1.0) pastelColor: #(0.886 1.0 1.0)
- helpMessage: 'A tool for simulating a virtual machine in the Cog family.'!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: SimulatorMorphicModel class>>registerWindowColor (in category 'class initialization') -----
- registerWindowColor
- (Preferences windowColorFor: self name) = Color white
- ifTrue: [ Preferences setWindowColorFor: self name to: (Color colorFrom: self windowColorSpecification brightColor) ].!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: SimulatorMorphicModel class>>windowColorSpecification (in category 'window color') -----
- windowColorSpecification
- "Answer a WindowColorSpec object that declares my preference"
-
- ^ WindowColorSpec classSymbol: self name wording: 'StackInterpreter Simulator' brightColor: #(0.645 1.0 1.0) pastelColor: #(0.886 1.0 1.0) helpMessage: 'A tool for simulating a Stack Interpreter Virtual Machine.'!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: SimulatorMorphicModel>>defaultWindowColor (in category 'user interface') -----
+ defaultWindowColor
+ ^ (Color r: 0.645 g: 1.0 b: 1.0)!

VMMaker project overview out of date (was Re: VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz)

timrowledge

> On 15-09-2017, at 5:04 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>

> tim Rowledge uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
> http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz

Whilst checking that this had uploaded properly (stupid network timeout nonsense rasied doubts) I noticed that the project overview text is horribly out of date and fails to mention git related sources etc. I can’t see any way for me to update this - and to be honest I probably don’t know enough about how to explain the git thing anyway.

tim
CITOKATE - Criticism is the Only Known Antidote to Error

Re: VMMaker project overview out of date (was Re: VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz)

David T. Lewis

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 05:15:35PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 15-09-2017, at 5:04 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >

> > tim Rowledge uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
> > http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz
>
> Whilst checking that this had uploaded properly (stupid network timeout nonsense rasied doubts) I noticed that the project overview text is horribly out of date and fails to mention git related sources etc. I can???t see any way for me to update this - and to be honest I probably don???t know enough about how to explain the git thing anyway.

I made an attemmpt at updating the project description. Does it look better now?

Dave

Re: VMMaker project overview out of date (was Re: VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-tpr.2268.mcz)

timrowledge

> On 16-09-2017, at 6:36 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I made an attemmpt at updating the project description. Does it look better now?

It does. I guess someday we really ought to find a way to make a single system.

tim
Useful random insult:- She's a screensaver:  Looks good, but useless.