VM Preferences > System Configuration > Network Configuration...

VM Preferences > System Configuration > Network Configuration...

Geert Claes
Administrator
I am just wondering whether the Network - HTTP proxy and network authentication - settings (from the much improved new Settings Browser by the way) should actually be moved to the VM Preferences under System Configuration just like the Printer Configuration.

At home I use the Mac VM and I tend to take my image on a USB key and use the same image (how great is that) with the windows VM at work.  I reckon the Network Settings are just like the Print Setup and depend on the environment where the VM is running and not necessarily the image.  I assume the same goes for a developer who develops an app on one machine and deploys the image on a server?

Anyway, just a thought :)

Re: VM Preferences > System Configuration > Network Configuration...

Mariano Martinez Peck
I agree. And I even think the behavior is different in the 3 VMs.

Alain, what do you think?