VM buid from source on debian linux - pls help

VM buid from source on debian linux - pls help

Andreas Leidig
Dear list,

lenny (clean and new), GCC,
http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.10-5.src.tar.gz:

"make" yields

 - disabledPlugins.c:21: error: redefinition of 'RomePlugin_exports'

and stops.

Same result with

svn export http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/tags/unix-3.10-5 or
svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk  squeak-svn

I cannot find a working source package for a current vm.

Can somebody please give me some hints how/where/from whom to get a
current working source package for a vm on debian linux?

Best regards,

Andreas

Re: VM buid from source on debian linux - pls help

Danil Osipchuk-2
Hello Andreas,

I just have hit the same problem on kubuntu.
Apparently there is a problem with config/configure script -  It
somehow disables RomePlugin twice in  disabledPlugins.c:

20:  sqExport RomePlugin_exports[] = { 0, 0, 0 };
21:  sqExport RomePlugin_exports[] = { 0, 0, 0 };

You can:
           1) install both freetype6-dev and pango-dev packages to
make RomePlugin eligible for compilation and to make problem go away
           2) remove one offending line from the disabledPlugin.c
after configure stage
           3) try to fix the configure script

In any case install also libx11-dev and libxt-dev - this will help you
down  the road

regards,
  Danil

2009/6/29 Andreas Leidig <[hidden email]>:

> Dear list,
>

> lenny (clean and new), GCC,
> http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.10-5.src.tar.gz:
>
> "make" yields
>
>  - disabledPlugins.c:21: error: redefinition of 'RomePlugin_exports'
>
> and stops.
>

> Same result with
>
> svn export http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/tags/unix-3.10-5 or
> svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk     squeak-svn
>
> I cannot find a working source package for a current vm.
>
> Can somebody please give me some hints how/where/from whom to get a
> current working source package for a vm on debian linux?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Andreas

Re: VM buid from source on debian linux - pls help

Göran Krampe
danil osipchuk wrote:
>> "make" yields
>>
>>  - disabledPlugins.c:21: error: redefinition of 'RomePlugin_exports'
>>
>> and stops.

Easy hack fix: Remove one of those lines in disabledPlugins. Then it
works fine.

regards, Göran

Re: VM buid from source on debian linux - pls help - solved (workaround)

Andreas Leidig
Hi Danil,

thx for your advise.

> You can:
>            1) install both freetype6-dev and pango-dev packages to
> make RomePlugin eligible for compilation and to make problem go away

This one works. I get a running vm installed.

>            2) remove one offending line from the disabledPlugin.c
> after configure stage

This one might work if libx11-dev and libxt-dev are both there; but it
does not work alone.

>            3) try to fix the configure script

If I have find some time, I probably will go for that. Now, I cant.

Cheers,

Andreas