VM can't find vm-display-X11 but it is there

VM can't find vm-display-X11 but it is there

Damien Cassou

When trying to run the pharo vm on a 64bit Ubuntu, I get the following:

$ pharo Pharo.image
could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
  - check that /usr/lib/pharo-vm//vm-display-X11.so exists, or

The file /usr/lib/pharo-vm/vm-display-X11 (without .so) exists already. If I also create a symlink, the problem is still around. What could be the problem please?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: VM can't find vm-display-X11 but it is there

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

When trying to run the pharo vm on a 64bit Ubuntu, I get the following:

$ pharo Pharo.image
could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
  - check that /usr/lib/pharo-vm//vm-display-X11.so exists, or

The file /usr/lib/pharo-vm/vm-display-X11 (without .so) exists already. If I also create a symlink, the problem is still around. What could be the problem please?

that the .so is compiled in 64 bits?

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
that the .so is compiled in 64 bits?

I found the problem. The libGL and libX11 where not installed