VM with latest sources is crashing Pharo

VM with latest sources is crashing Pharo

EstebanLM

Hi,

I just built a VM with latest sources (for example, for linux: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtd7v0m5zremx99/latest-threaded.zip?dl=0), and running tests with this image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/df0rc0txhzawe31/crashing20170316.zip?dl=0
Executing the tests crashes the VM, always in same test: SlotTraitsTest>>#testClassWithTrait2, but notice this crashes when executing the full test class SlotTraitsTest, if test is individually executed, it passes.

Any idea?

Here is the dump:

cheers!
Esteban

ps: in other other of things, this VM fixes my callback problems (still not tested with VGTigerDemo), thanks Eliot! :D

crash.dmp (51K) Download Attachment

Re: VM with latest sources is crashing Pharo

EstebanLM

I forget a “how to reproduce”:

$ ./pharo Pharo.image

and the test runner is in the "execution point”, just execute and you will have the crash :)

Esteban

On 17 Mar 2017, at 13:19, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I just built a VM with latest sources (for example, for linux: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtd7v0m5zremx99/latest-threaded.zip?dl=0), and running tests with this image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/df0rc0txhzawe31/crashing20170316.zip?dl=0
Executing the tests crashes the VM, always in same test: SlotTraitsTest>>#testClassWithTrait2, but notice this crashes when executing the full test class SlotTraitsTest, if test is individually executed, it passes.

Any idea?

Here is the dump:

<crash.dmp>

cheers!
Esteban

ps: in other other of things, this VM fixes my callback problems (still not tested with VGTigerDemo), thanks Eliot! :D

Re: VM with latest sources is crashing Pharo

Clément Béra

I believe it is related to the new identityHash implementation in the JIT but we will check today.

Thanks for reporting.