classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VMMaker

Guido Chari

Hi,

I would like to know where is the git repository with the VMMaker updated sources.

Thanks,
Best,
Guido.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: VMMaker

EstebanLM

there is no official VMMaker git.
I keep a mirror in pharo-project/pharo-vm (we build our VMs from there)… mirror updates each hour (in development branch), so is always up to date.

in fact, there are not instructions on how to build your VMMaker image, but following the travis scripts you can easily figure out (is very easy).

Esteban

> On 3 Mar 2017, at 17:29, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know where is the git repository with the VMMaker updated sources.
>
> Thanks,
> Best,
> Guido.

Reply | Threaded
|

Nicolas Cellier
In reply to this post by Guido Chari

Hi Guido,
I presume you found https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm since you posted another question
This repository contains the generated C code from VMMaker sources, not the Smalltalk source.
but the git repo also contains scripts for building a development image that load the Monticello package from http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker
(see the end of the Readme)

I think the pharo fork still maintain the VMMaker package in git via gitfiletree or something, but I see Esteban just posted about it.

2017-03-03 17:29 GMT+01:00 Guido Chari <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I would like to know where is the git repository with the VMMaker updated sources.

Thanks,
Best,
Guido.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ben Coman
In reply to this post by Guido Chari

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 12:29 AM, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Are you wanting to provide a modification?  
Or just review the VMMaker source?

Have you already found the scripts in the "opensmalltalk-vm/image" that create a Squeak image with the VMMaker sources loaded? Try buildspurtrunkvmmakerimage.sh.

You might find this old post useful (not its from before the move from svn to git)

cheers -ben