VMMakerTool >>DoesNotUnderstand ModalFolderSelector

VMMakerTool >>DoesNotUnderstand ModalFolderSelector

Jean Baptiste Arnaud
Hi,
I would like use VMMaker on Pharo.
I resolve all dependency for the VMMaker Package :

-FFI,(ScriptLoader loadFFI.)
-Speech find in "Unstable Squeak" package from squeaksource
-Finally i install VMMaker from squeaksource

VMMaker seems work correctly but not this UI. When load the VMMakerTool, i have a error does not understand ModalFolderSelector.

--
Arnaud Jean Baptiste

Re: VMMakerTool >>DoesNotUnderstand ModalFolderSelector

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi jean-baptiste

did you read the archives because Dave apparently fixes VMMaker so
that you can generate a new VM under pharo.
Let us know if you still have the problem.
Probably FileList modal...

On Aug 23, 2009, at 11:01 AM, jean baptiste arnaud wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like use VMMaker on Pharo.
> I resolve all dependency for the VMMaker Package :
>
> -FFI,(ScriptLoader loadFFI.)
> -Speech find in "Unstable Squeak" package from squeaksource
> -Finally i install VMMaker from squeaksource
>
> VMMaker seems work correctly but not this UI. When load the
> VMMakerTool, i have a error does not understand ModalFolderSelector.
>
> --
> Arnaud Jean Baptiste

FYI. This problem was originally reported on the Pharo list earlier this
year. The fix is now in VMMaker on SqueakSource.

----- Forwarded message from "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]>
-----

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:05:22 -0400
From: "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]>
To: Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion <[hidden email]

Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] Fwd: [Pharo-project] Could not load VMMaker in
10315

VMMaker (from SqueakSource) can now be loaded into closure-enabled
images.

I was able to remove a couple of temp variables from the GeniePlugin
primitive without affecting the logic. This was discussed on several
lists back in May.

The fix is in VMMaker-dtl.135 on SqueakSource, and is documented in
Mantis http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7384.

Dave

----- End forwarded message -----

> Hello squeak people
>
> Does anyone have a hint how to get (with reasonable effort)  current
> vmmaker setup? May be there is a prepared image somewhere? I'm
> interested in building vm on windows. When I follow these
> instructions: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6102 i stuck during
>
> regards,
>  Danil

Windows build instructions:
  http://squeakvm.org/win32/
  http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/win32/docs/

Up to date VMMaker packages are on SqueakSource project VMMaker. The
SqueakMap and Universes entries are a bit out of date.

Dave

Re: VMMakerTool >>DoesNotUnderstand ModalFolderSelector

Adrian Lienhard
Recently, I also tried to create a VM with the latest VMMaker in the
latest Pharo and run into several issues along the way (mainly because
of Pharo changes). I don't have a source that compiles yet... I will
report when it works.

Adrian

On Aug 24, 2009, at 09:31 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> [...]
>> I will
>> make much further progress on this front.
>>
>> Dave
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

>> Hello squeak people
>>
>> Does anyone have a hint how to get (with reasonable effort)  current
>> vmmaker setup? May be there is a prepared image somewhere? I'm
>> interested in building vm on windows. When I follow these
>> instructions: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6102 i stuck during
>>
>> regards,
>> Danil
>
> Windows build instructions:
>  http://squeakvm.org/win32/
>  http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/platforms/win32/docs/
>
> Up to date VMMaker packages are on SqueakSource project VMMaker. The
> SqueakMap and Universes entries are a bit out of date.
>
> Dave

Re: VMMakerTool >>DoesNotUnderstand ModalFolderSelector

Gary Chambers-4
VMMakerTool uses FileList2 directly. Should be changed to use UIManager default chooseDirectory...

Regards, Gary

Re: VMMakerTool >>DoesNotUnderstand ModalFolderSelector

David T. Lewis
Thanks, this should be fixed now in VMMaker-dtl.137 on SqueakSource.

Dave