VMs for Pharo 1.1

1 message Options

VMs for Pharo 1.1

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Mariano,

>Windows:  I remember a new version 4.1 or similar that Andreas did.

Last Squeak VM from Andreas is "SqueakVM-Win32-4.0.2-bin.zip"
and we have an according "PharoVM-Win32-4.0.2-bin.zip" on
gforge and http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download

This VM is already included in the Pharo1.0 installer for Windows (EXE) but
not in the 1.0 one click (ZIP).

So anything we have to do for 1.1. is to use this VM in the 1.1 one click
distribution.

>I remember there was a problem with the windows closing or similar...but I
>remember Torsten fixed that.

There was no fix required and the Pharo VM is always 1:1 with
the Squeak VM codebase, no need to fork. Any credit goes to Andreas.

We just exchange ressources (icons, ...) - marketing you know ;)

>Is that integrated in Pharo ?

Yes, Pharo 1.1 can handle the close event. It is by default handled
using an image side dialog. If one wants the old behavior
you need

EnableAltF4Quit = 1

in the Pharo.ini

Attached is the Pharo.ini that is used in the Windows installer,
which uses this option (which I like more - maybe because I'am
used to it).

>We are able to use that VM ?

Yes

>Torsten, where can I get a Pharo 1.1 Windows VM ?

see above. Full link is
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26814/PharoVM-Win32-4.0.2-bin.zip

>does it include FreeType ?

Yes

>can you update the splash if necessary ;)

Will do tomorrow. Remind me if you dont get it.
Would be call it "1.1. RC1" first?

Bye

Pharo.ini (320 bytes) Download Attachment