VNC client

NorbertHartl
I wonder what vnc client do you use if you use pharo + RFB? I had a running via macports. Now that I'm about to switch to homebrew I have problems finding a working one. Be it in brew or app store, etc.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: VNC client

mmimica
I use remmina.

Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

http://sparklet.sf.net

Re: VNC client

Max Leske
Chicken of the VNC and JollysFastVNC (currently testing the second because the first has problems with transmitting all charaters. JollysFastVNC has an option to toggle between remote and local mode to change character sets which is pretty cool. no more switching languages :) )

BTW: Chicken of the VNC has been discontinued. There's a project called "Chicken" based on it though (have been meaning to test it but haven't yet): http://sourceforge.net/projects/chicken/?source=directory

Cheers,
Max

Am 28.02.2012 um 14:54 schrieb Max Leske:

Chicken of the VNC and JollysFastVNC (currently testing the second because the first has problems with transmitting all charaters. JollysFastVNC has an option to toggle between remote and local mode to change character sets which is pretty cool. no more switching languages :) )

Tried jolly before opening this thread. It didn't work at all.

BTW: Chicken of the VNC has been discontinued. There's a project called "Chicken" based on it though (have been meaning to test it but haven't yet): http://sourceforge.net/projects/chicken/?source=directory

Ok, I'll check. discontinued could be good because RFB is also some sort of "not continued" :)

Norbert

Cheers,
Max

On 28.02.2012, at 14:49, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

I use Chicken of the VNC

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use remmina.

On 28 February 2012 14:06, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wonder what vnc client do you use if you use pharo + RFB? I had a running via macports. Now that I'm about to switch to homebrew I have problems finding a working one. Be it in brew or app store, etc.

thanks,

Norbert

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

http://sparklet.sf.net

Re: VNC client

Andreas Wacknitz

Am 28.02.2012 um 14:06 schrieb Norbert Hartl:

> I wonder what vnc client do you use if you use pharo + RFB? I had a running via macports. Now that I'm about to switch to homebrew I have problems finding a working one. Be it in brew or app store, etc.
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert
Norbert,

there is a free VNC client coming with every Mac OS X. It's hidden in the folder /System/Library/CoreServices.
The name is "Screen Sharing.app" (or with German localisation: "Bildschirmfreigabe").
Nowadays I am using Remote Desktop application (64€ in AppStore).
I don't know whether it's working with RFB, though.

Regards,
Andreas

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: VNC client

NorbertHartl

Am 28.02.2012 um 15:30 schrieb Andreas Wacknitz:

> Am 28.02.2012 um 14:06 schrieb Norbert Hartl:
>
>> I wonder what vnc client do you use if you use pharo + RFB? I had a running via macports. Now that I'm about to switch to homebrew I have problems finding a working one. Be it in brew or app store, etc.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Norbert
> Norbert,
>
> there is a free VNC client coming with every Mac OS X. It's hidden in the folder /System/Library/CoreServices.
> The name is "Screen Sharing.app" (or with German localisation: "Bildschirmfreigabe").
> Nowadays I am using Remote Desktop application (64€ in AppStore).
> I don't know whether it's working with RFB, though.

Nope, it isn't working. That was the first one I tried.

Norbert

Re: VNC client

NorbertHartl
Jan,

I tried chicken of the vnc and basically it works. The "chicken" version (is newer) that is based on chicken of the vnc does not work.  I use Mac as client to connect to a linux server machine (well it's pharo). Do you have a different setup? However how do you map the keys? I cannot use alt, cmd, etc.

Norbert

Am 28.02.2012 um 14:49 schrieb Jan van de Sandt:

I use Chicken of the VNC

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Milan Mimica <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use remmina.

On 28 February 2012 14:06, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wonder what vnc client do you use if you use pharo + RFB? I had a running via macports. Now that I'm about to switch to homebrew I have problems finding a working one. Be it in brew or app store, etc.

thanks,

Norbert

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Re: VNC client

Jan van de Sandt
Hi Norbert,

I have the same setup. But I must confess that I use the VNC client as little as possible, only for troubleshooting. If I have to do real work I copy the image to my local development laptop. So I don't really know if the key mapping works. I will test this tonight.

Jan.