classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VSE / VW migration to Pharo

Chantal Thibodeau
Hi

We want to migrate code from VisualWorks 3.0 to something else.  It is a batch search engine so the GUI is extremely simple and could be rewrite from scratch.

I tried the VW 7.0 but it is too costly (but it works perfectly fine with small adjusments in less than one hour).

I installed Pharo and I am unabled to even load some code.  I read that everything should be in the repository.  Fine for the new code but what do I do with the "old" one ?  I don't see anywhere to load a source file or a parcel file.

I need some help.

I also download Squeak, that I will try in the next days.  The speed of execution is the main issue.

Thanks a lot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: VSE / VW migration to Pharo

Chantal Thibodeau
Forget about me, I "exported" the VW parcels in .st files avec the fileIn seems available
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:56 PM
Subject: [Pharo-users] VSE / VW migration to Pharo

Hi

We want to migrate code from VisualWorks 3.0 to something else.  It is a batch search engine so the GUI is extremely simple and could be rewrite from scratch.

I tried the VW 7.0 but it is too costly (but it works perfectly fine with small adjusments in less than one hour).

I installed Pharo and I am unabled to even load some code.  I read that everything should be in the repository.  Fine for the new code but what do I do with the "old" one ?  I don't see anywhere to load a source file or a parcel file.

I need some help.

I also download Squeak, that I will try in the next days.  The speed of execution is the main issue.

Thanks a lot
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: VSE / VW migration to Pharo

Benoit St-Jean
In reply to this post by Chantal Thibodeau
Bonnjour Chantal!

Le monde est petit!  Et Marque D'or loin dans le temps!  lol

Qu'essaie-tu de faire au juste?  Peux-tu donner plus de détails ?  Ton en-tête parle de VSE et VW...  Quelles versions au juste de chaque environnement ?

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

To: [hidden email]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:56:00 PM
Subject: [Pharo-users] VSE / VW migration to Pharo

Hi

I need some help.

Thanks a lot