VTermOutPutDriver

Valentin Ryckewaert
Hi everyone,

i'm reading VTermOutPutDriver and I tried to use the example of the documentation:

| out |
out := VTermOutputDriver stdout.
out << 'normal text'.
out lf.
'red text' do: [ :c | out color256: Color red. out << c ].
out lf.
'bold text' do: [ :c | out bold. out << c ].
out clear.
out lf.

As I understood it
'bold text' do: [ :c | out bold. out << c ].
is the problem, the termcap 'md' looks like not existing but it exists : http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/termcap.5.html

Should I send an issue for not working method or wrong doc ?

Re: VTermOutPutDriver

Blondeau Vincent

Hi,

Termcap methods seems not implemented and used by the output driver (see initialize).. Maybe you should implement them before anything ?

Vincent

i'm reading VTermOutPutDriver and I tried to use the example of the documentation:

| out |

out := VTermOutputDriver stdout.

          out << 'normal text'.

          out lf.

          'red text' do: [ :c | out color256: Color red. out << c ].

          out lf.

          'bold text' do: [ :c | out bold. out << c ].

          out clear.

          out lf.

As I understood it

'bold text' do: [ :c | out bold. out << c ].

is the problem, the termcap 'md' looks like not existing but it exists : http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man5/termcap.5.html

Should I send an issue for not working method or wrong doc ?

!!!*************************************************************************************
"Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et réservés à l'usage exclusif de ses destinataires. Il peut également être protégé par le secret professionnel. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur et de le détruire. L'intégrité du message ne pouvant être assurée sur Internet, la responsabilité de Worldline ne pourra être recherchée quant au contenu de ce message. Bien que les meilleurs efforts soient faits pour maintenir cette transmission exempte de tout virus, l'expéditeur ne donne aucune garantie à cet égard et sa responsabilité ne saurait être recherchée pour tout dommage résultant d'un virus transmis.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Worldline liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.!!!"

Re: VTermOutPutDriver

philippeback
Some code I have around:

Tools class>>#inform: aString color: aSymbol
| out |
out := VTermOutputDriver stdout.

out perform: aSymbol.

DateAndTime now printHMSOn: out.

out
nextPutAll: ' : ';
nextPutAll: aString.

out lf.

Usage:

Tools inform: 'Blah' color: #red.

FYI VTermOutputDriver and friends come from another project of Camillo Bruni (now gone from the list, do not ask) which contained the full support for termcap.

I've the source somewhere and it should definitely be revived.

Phil

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Termcap methods seems not implemented and used by the output driver (see initialize).. Maybe you should implement them before anything ?
>

> Vincent

I found the problem, it's just that the dictionnary which make correspond bold to the code needed didn't have the bold (and other stuffs I suppose)
I'm trying to fix this.

Some code I have around:

Tools class>>#inform: aString color: aSymbol
| out |
out := VTermOutputDriver stdout.

out perform: aSymbol.

DateAndTime now printHMSOn: out.

out
nextPutAll: ' : ';
nextPutAll: aString.

out lf.

Usage:

Tools inform: 'Blah' color: #red.

FYI VTermOutputDriver and friends come from another project of Camillo Bruni (now gone from the list, do not ask) which contained the full support for termcap.

I've the source somewhere and it should definitely be revived.

Phil

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Blondeau Vincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Termcap methods seems not implemented and used by the output driver (see initialize).. Maybe you should implement them before anything ?
>

> Vincent

i'm working on it and I don't know what to do about colors...
I can have methods like :
- backgroundBlue & writingBlue
- blueBackground & blueWriting (My choice)
- blue & backgroundBlue
- No methods like that and only backgroundColor: & writingColor:

What do you prefer?