[VW 7.3.1] ]How to sent E-mail via SMTP

Mark Pirogovsky-3
Hi,
I was using the SMTP client for quite some time to send emails.  Now I
came across the situation that it does not work anymore.

The server requires the user name and password to send e-mail.

I set up the User with the Name and password, but it  does not work.

I check the self
                        sendMessage:
                        toAll:

on the SMTP client and it does not use the password at all.

any ideas ?

TIA,

--Mark

RE: [VW 7.3.1] ]How to sent E-mail via SMTP

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
In 7.5,

(SMTPClient host: 'mail.server.com')
 user: (NetUser username: 'username' password: 'password');
 yourself

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

I am using it, But it looks like the password is not being used anywhere...

Boris Popov wrote:

> In 7.5,
>
> (SMTPClient host: 'mail.server.com')
>  user: (NetUser username: 'username' password: 'password');
>  yourself
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -Boris

Re: [VW 7.3.1] ]How to sent E-mail via SMTP

fede-7
A new SMTP Client with SMTP Authentication support was included with 7.5.

If you are using the SimpleSMTPClient that comes out of the box prior
7.5 it doesn't support authentication at all. You should be able to
download the latest smtp client on 7.3.1 and make it work. If the new
version doesn't work on your 7.3.x send me e-mail and I will send you
the original code I donated to Cincom

Federico

Quoting Mark Pirogovsky <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I was using the SMTP client for quite some time to send emails.  Now I
> came across the situation that it does not work anymore.
>
> The server requires the user name and password to send e-mail.
>
> I set up the User with the Name and password, but it  does not work.
>
> I check the self
> sendMessage:
> toAll:
>
> on the SMTP client and it does not use the password at all.
>
> any ideas ?
>
> TIA,
>
> --Mark

Este mensaje ha sido enviado utilizando IMP desde LIFIA.

Re: [VW 7.3.1] ]How to sent E-mail via SMTP

Victor-67
Hola Federico,

I tried to write a personal message to you, but was rejected.

Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
   Diagnostic code: smtp;554 <[hidden email]>: Sender address
rejected: Access denied

The message was not specially important, but it would be nice to be able
to write to you.

Victor Goldberg