classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Stew MacLean

Hi,

After converting to 7.4, I’m finding fairly regularly (every 5 or so builds) that parcels are not being marked as dirty when I make changes.

I can see this happening (or rather not happening) in the browser. I make a change to a method, and the Parcel still doesn’t have an asterisk.

Interestingly when I browse changed methods they still get listed even for a non dirty parcel.

My current workaround is to move a method to the same parcel, this marks the parcel as dirty.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour and is there a fix – it’s a total pain!

Cheers,

Stewart

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Andre Schnoor
Stewart MacLean wrote:

Hi,

After converting to 7.4, I’m finding fairly regularly (every 5 or so builds) that parcels are not being marked as dirty when I make changes.

I can see this happening (or rather not happening) in the browser. I make a change to a method, and the Parcel still doesn’t have an asterisk.

Interestingly when I browse changed methods they still get listed even for a non dirty parcel.

My current workaround is to move a method to the same parcel, this marks the parcel as dirty.

The browser does not update the list items immediately. It needs a manual "refresh", i.e. you can simply croll up and down again so the item is redrawn.

Andre

Reply | Threaded
|

AW: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Georg Heeg

I have been working on this issue in the framework of speeding up file-ins (actually this looks as the contrary problem, but is the same). I have not found a good solution yet. It is obvious that the message updateNavigator has to be sent, the question is when to trigger it.

Georg

Von: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. Juni 2006 12:34
An: Stewart MacLean
Cc: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Stewart MacLean wrote:

Hi,

The browser does not update the list items immediately. It needs a manual "refresh", i.e. you can simply croll up and down again so the item is redrawn.

Andre

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: AW: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Andre Schnoor
This is a general problem at many places in the system: Silent system modification should be encapsulated by well-defined outer transactions, i.e. "fileIn", "loadSource", "editSource" ... that trigger comprehensive GUI updates when completed, while the actions themselves stay quiet for best performance.

Andre

--

Georg Heeg schrieb:

I have been working on this issue in the framework of speeding up file-ins (actually this looks as the contrary problem, but is the same). I have not found a good solution yet. It is obvious that the message updateNavigator has to be sent, the question is when to trigger it.

Georg

Von: [hidden email] [[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Samstag, 3. Juni 2006 12:34
An: Stewart MacLean
Betreff: Re: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Stewart MacLean wrote:

Hi,

Andre

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Stew MacLean
In reply to this post by Andre Schnoor

Hi Andre,

This appears to be more than a UI refresh problem, as I parcel out changed parcels during the build process programmatically, and it doesn’t detect them as dirty. (So when I go to retest the previous bug is still there L)

This seems to be new behaviour since 7.2, as I didn’t notice any problems with that version.

Cheers,

Stewart

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, 3 June 2006 10:34 p.m.
To: Stewart MacLean
Subject: Re: [VW 7.4] Parcels not marked dirty bug?

Stewart MacLean wrote:

Hi,

Andre