[VW 7.5] Drag waits indefinately for drop

[VW 7.5] Drag waits indefinately for drop

Paul Baumann
Has anybody else seen these?

I've seen this about once every three weeks for several years. The image becomes unresponsive as if it is doing something. Eventually ctrl-b is pressed to find out what could possibly take so long. The debugger shows that the image was waiting for a drop event that it would never receive. No drag had been intended, and mouse button is no longer down.

I feel bad for anyone in this situation that doesn't know about ctrl-b because they'd think their image had frozen and needs to be terminated.

Drop event processed before wait? Missing drop event? Can button-down status be checked to see if the loop should be exited?

User Interrupt

[1]  DragDropManagerTracker>>isFinished
[2]  DragDropManagerTracker>>eventLoop
[3]  DragDropManagerTracker>>startUp
[4]  DragDropManager>>doDragDrop
[5]  GbxBasicInspector(Tools.Trippy.PartListAbstractInspector)>>doDrag:
[6]  WidgetDragDropCallbacks>>dragInitiateIn:
[7]  EmulatedSequenceTracker(SequenceSelectionTracker)>>exitDueToDragDrop
[8]  EmulatedSequenceTracker(SequenceSelectionTracker)>>doSelectionTrackingOperationAt:
[9]  optimized [] in ScrollingTracker>>trackSelectionFor:
[10] BlockClosure>>on:do:
[11] optimized [] in Process class>>forBlock:priority:

Paul Baumann

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.

Re: [VW 7.5] Drag waits indefinately for drop

Steven Kelly

Yes, I have seen this in 7.7 too, and perhaps even in recent dev builds of 7.7.1 (sorry, I can’t be sure since I’ve been skipping between both). I too have noticed it most often in Trippy.

Steve