[VW 7.5] Methods show red until touched

1 message Options

[VW 7.5] Methods show red until touched

Paul Baumann

Have you ever seen methods and classes show red in the browser (as if an override) that then show black when selected? Think of them as transient overrides that don't clean up after a load completes. It can happen when methods are loaded that extend classes defined by another package. I recall reporting this to Cincom years ago, so hopefully it has been fixed long ago. I started seeing the temporary-red methods more often so I debugged the problem a few weeks ago. Here is a workaround while I still recall some of the details:

                Override cleanseLists; cleanseLists.

                Undeclared purgeUnusedBindings.

(Override cleanseLists) doesn't do a complete job when run only once. The second time cleans both classes and methods. When #cleanseLists is run only once then #purgeUnusedBindings preserves the bindings still referenced by Override. The bug would be in #cleanseLists.

It would be useful to know if anyone has seen the problem in releases that followed VW 7.8.

Paul Baumann

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the opinion of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.