VW 7.5 and WithStyle

Andrey Larionov
Is there are any instructions to run WithStyle on VisualWorks 7.5NC?
I'm absolute begginer in smalltalk and VW. I'll try do it by accessing CincomStore but fail.
Is anybody can help me providing some useful instructions.

RE: VW 7.5 and WithStyle

Thomas Brodt
WithStyle is not (yet) ported to vw 7.5. There are still major issues to be resolved in that area.
So a solution depends on what you want to do with withstyle. If there are alternatives for withstyle or you had to use 7.4.1 for
that.

Maybe Michael will be the best to answer this question, as soon as he is awake :)
And guess Michael, I would also be interested in the answer...

Thomas

Michael Lucas-Smith-2

> Maybe Michael will be the best to answer this question, as soon as he is awake :)
> And guess Michael, I would also be interested in the answer...

The major stumbling block is that WithStyle3 used subclasses of Pollock
objects which have sinced changed names and moved namespaces. I believe
if you were able to map the superclasses correctly, then WithStyle3
would work okay on the latest VW.

I currently don't have the time to give that a go - sorry - but the
whole thing is published to public store now and is open source, if
someone would like to give it a try?

Cheers,
Michael

> Thomas

VW 7.4.1 also was downloaded and installed, but as result Menu appears but nothing to work from menu.

I want to look on WS and after look inside, because my interest in design of WYSWYG editor for XML.

2007/8/2, Michael Lucas-Smith <[hidden email]>:

> Maybe Michael will be the best to answer this question, as soon as he is awake :)
> And guess Michael, I would also be interested in the answer...

The major stumbling block is that WithStyle3 used subclasses of Pollock
objects which have sinced changed names and moved namespaces. I believe
if you were able to map the superclasses correctly, then WithStyle3
would work okay on the latest VW.

I currently don't have the time to give that a go - sorry - but the
whole thing is published to public store now and is open source, if
someone would like to give it a try?

Cheers,
Michael

> Thomas

James Robertson-7
I'd suggest viewing this screencast on that:

VW 7.4.1 also was downloaded and installed, but as result Menu appears but nothing to work from menu.

I want to look on WS and after look inside, because my interest in design of WYSWYG editor for XML.

2007/8/2, Michael Lucas-Smith <[hidden email]>:

> Maybe Michael will be the best to answer this question, as soon as he is awake :)
> And guess Michael, I would also be interested in the answer...

The major stumbling block is that WithStyle3 used subclasses of Pollock
objects which have sinced changed names and moved namespaces. I believe
if you were able to map the superclasses correctly, then WithStyle3
would work okay on the latest VW.

I currently don't have the time to give that a go - sorry - but the
whole thing is published to public store now and is open source, if
someone would like to give it a try?

Cheers,
Michael

> Thomas

WithStyle 3 works in VW 7.5 - The latest BottomFeeder uses it

>> Maybe Michael will be the best to answer this question, as soon as he is
>> awake :)
>> And guess Michael, I would also be interested in the answer...
>>

> The major stumbling block is that WithStyle3 used subclasses of Pollock
> objects which have sinced changed names and moved namespaces. I believe if
> you were able to map the superclasses correctly, then WithStyle3 would
> work okay on the latest VW.
>
> I currently don't have the time to give that a go - sorry - but the whole
> thing is published to public store now and is open source, if someone
> would like to give it a try?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>> Thomas

There's a "how to" screencast on WithStyle there.