VW 7.9 and Oracle on Win7 - LibraryNotLoadedError

VW 7.9 and Oracle on Win7 - LibraryNotLoadedError

Steve Cline
I am running VW 7.9 32-bit image on a Win7 64-bit virtual desktop.  I can run Glorp tests using SQLite if I copy the sqLite3.dll into my bin directory at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cincom\vw7.9\bin\win.  If I copy the "Oracle Instant Client" oci.dll from either the 32 bit package (instantclient-basic-nt-11.2.0.3.0.zip) or the 64 bit package (instantclient-basic-windows.x64-11.2.0.3.0) into that same directory I get a LibraryNotLoadedError.

Any one see anything obviously wrong?

Unhandled exception: SUnit.TestResourceError
optimized [] in [] in [] in SUnit.TestSuite>>runUsing:
BlockClosure>>cull:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>performHandler:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>propagatePrivateFrom:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>propagateFrom:
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>propagate
LibraryNotLoadedError(GenericException)>>raiseSignal
LibraryNotLoadedError class(GenericException class)>>raiseWith:
ExternalLibrary>>primLoadLibrary:
ExternalLibrary>>load
ExternalLibrary>>mapAddressForName:
ExternalLibraryHolder>>mapAddressForName:
ExternalMethod class>>mapAddressFor:library:
optimized [] in OracleConnection class>>supportMethod:
[] in LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
LinkedOrderedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
LinkedOrderedCollection>>ownDo:
LinkedOrderedCollection>>performDo:block:path:
LinkedOrderedCollection>>do:
LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
OracleThreadedConnection class(OracleConnection class)>>supportMethod:
OracleThreadedConnection(OracleConnection)>>supportStatementCaching
Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor>>loginIfError:
Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor(Glorp.DatabaseAccessor)>>login
Glorp.GlorpDatabaseLoginResource>>setUp
Glorp.GlorpDatabaseLoginResource(SUnit.TestResource)>>initialize

detailed stack:

LibraryNotLoadedError class(GenericException class)>>raiseWith:
Receiver:
     a LibraryNotLoadedError class
Instance Variables:
     superclass = ExternalLibraryError
     methodDict = a MethodDictionary[0]
     format = 16394
     subclasses = nil
     instanceVariables = nil
     organization =
     name = #LibraryNotLoadedError
     classPool = nil
     environment = a NameSpace[53]
     notifierString = 'Could not load library'
Arguments:
     parameter = a SystemError(#'io error',193)
Context PC = 23

ExternalLibrary>>primLoadLibrary:
Receiver:
     an ExternalLibrary
Instance Variables:
     handle = nil
     name = #'oci.dll'
     owners = a WeakArray[1]
Arguments:
     libraryName = a ByteArray[14]
Temporaries:
     errorCode = a SystemError(#'io error',193)
Context PC = 13

ExternalLibrary>>load
Receiver:
     an ExternalLibrary
Instance Variables:
     handle = nil
     name = #'oci.dll'
     owners = a WeakArray[1]
Temporaries:
     nameOrNil = a ByteArray[14]
Context PC = 17

ExternalLibrary>>mapAddressForName:
Receiver:
     an ExternalLibrary
Instance Variables:
     handle = nil
     name = #'oci.dll'
     owners = a WeakArray[1]
Arguments:
     nameID = #OCIStmtPrepare2
Context PC = 7

ExternalLibraryHolder>>mapAddressForName:
Receiver:
     an ExternalLibraryHolder
Instance Variables:
     name = 'oci.dll'
     directories = a LinkedOrderedCollection[0]
     library = an ExternalLibrary
     owner = OracleNTThreadedInterface
Arguments:
     nameID = #OCIStmtPrepare2
Context PC = 21

ExternalMethod class>>mapAddressFor:library:
Receiver:
     an ExternalMethod class
Instance Variables:
     superclass = CompiledMethod
     methodDict = a MethodDictionary[40]
     format = 20493
     subclasses = nil
     instanceVariables = an Array[10]
     organization = ('initialize-release' #for: #for:selector: #releaseHandle #updateLayoutCache)
('address mapping' #mapAddress #mapAddressFor: #unlinkedCall:arguments:)
('accessing' #argumentKinds #datumClass #external #handle #libraries #methodSelector #name #ordinal #ordinal: #owner #referentAddress #resultType #specifierFlags #structArgSize #structReturnSize #undefinedExternals #virtuals)
('testing' #isExternalMethod #isLinkedFor: #isVirtual)
('copying' #postCopy #withAdditionalProperties:)
('comparing' #=)
('tracing' #traceWalkFrom:)
('binary storage' #isCodeReaderEquivalentTo: #postLoad #postReadGeneralStructureOn: #storeGeneralStructureOn:)
('private' #computeStructReturnSize #copyStateFromOldVersion: #findVirtualHandleForClass: #referentAddress: #virtuals:)

     name = #ExternalMethod
     classPool = a NameSpaceOfClass[0]
     environment = a NameSpace[53]
Arguments:
     anExternal = ExternalMethod OracleInterface>>OCIStmtPrepare2:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
     aLibrary = an ExternalLibraryHolder
Context PC = 10

optimized [] in OracleConnection class>>supportMethod:
Receiver:
     an UndefinedObject
Arguments:
     aLibrary = an ExternalLibraryHolder
Temporaries:
     .testMethod = ExternalMethod OracleInterface>>OCIStmtPrepare2:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
Context PC = 8

[] in LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
Receiver:
     a LinkedOrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
     firstIndex = 1
     lastIndex = 2
     backup = an OrderedCollection[1]
Arguments:
     each = an ExternalLibraryHolder
Temporaries:
     .aBlock = BlockClosure [] in OracleConnection class>>supportMethod:
Context PC = 6

LinkedOrderedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
Receiver:
     a LinkedOrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
     firstIndex = 1
     lastIndex = 2
     backup = an OrderedCollection[1]
Arguments:
     aBlock = BlockClosure [] in LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
Temporaries:
     index = 1
Context PC = 17

LinkedOrderedCollection>>ownDo:
Receiver:
     a LinkedOrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
     firstIndex = 1
     lastIndex = 2
     backup = an OrderedCollection[1]
Arguments:
     aBlock = BlockClosure [] in LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
Context PC = 6

LinkedOrderedCollection>>performDo:block:path:
Receiver:
     a LinkedOrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
     firstIndex = 1
     lastIndex = 2
     backup = an OrderedCollection[1]
Arguments:
     doSelector = #ownDo:
     aBlock = BlockClosure [] in LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
     aPath = an IdentitySet[1]
Context PC = 15

LinkedOrderedCollection>>do:
Receiver:
     a LinkedOrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
     firstIndex = 1
     lastIndex = 2
     backup = an OrderedCollection[1]
Arguments:
     aBlock = BlockClosure [] in LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
Context PC = 8

LinkedOrderedCollection>>detect:ifNone:
Receiver:
     a LinkedOrderedCollection
Instance Variables:
     firstIndex = 1
     lastIndex = 2
     backup = an OrderedCollection[1]
Arguments:
     aBlock = BlockClosure [] in OracleConnection class>>supportMethod:
     exceptionBlock = BlockClosure [] in OracleConnection class>>supportMethod:
Context PC = 8

OracleThreadedConnection class(OracleConnection class)>>supportMethod:
Receiver:
     an OracleThreadedConnection class
Instance Variables:
     superclass = OracleConnection
     methodDict = a MethodDictionary[7]
     format = 16415
     subclasses = nil
     instanceVariables = an Array[1]
     organization = ('testing' #isNonBlocking)
('private-execution' #acquireExternal: #dismissExternal #serverAttachConnectionPoolExternal #serverDetachExternal)
('accessing' #connectionPool #connectionPool:)

     name = #OracleThreadedConnection
     classPool = a NameSpaceOfClass[0]
     environment = a NameSpace[199]
     environmentMap = nil
     xif = an OracleNTThreadedInterface
     xifMap = an IdentityDictionary[13]
     dependents = nil
     signalMap = an IdentityDictionary[11]
     libraryInitialized = false
Arguments:
     selector = #OCIStmtPrepare2:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
Temporaries:
     xifClass = OracleNTThreadedInterface
     testMethod = ExternalMethod OracleInterface>>OCIStmtPrepare2:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:with:
     mappedMethodHandle = nil
Context PC = 48

OracleThreadedConnection(OracleConnection)>>supportStatementCaching
Receiver:
     an OracleThreadedConnection
Instance Variables:
     stateHolder = a ValueHolder on: #new
     traceStream = nil
     traceLevel = 0
     participants = a WeakArray[0]
     participantsSemaphore = a RecursionLock
     transaction = nil
     username = 'myUserName'
     password = 'ca11pp3r'
     environment = 'shortServerName:myPortNumber/DATABASENAME'
     transactionCoordinator = a ValueHolder on: false
     cachedSession = nil
     isolationLevel = nil
     encoding = nil
     henvHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     herrHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     hsvcctxHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     hsrvrHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     hsessHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     htxnHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     executionMode = nil
     transactionMode = #NEW
     authenticationMode = nil
     useStatementCaching = false
     attributeLengthPointerHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     attributePointerHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     parameterPointerHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     descriptorPointerHolder = a ValueHolder on: nil
     unicodeEncoding = nil
     oracleEncodingId = 0
     oracleUnicodeEncodingId = 0
     connectionPool = nil
Context PC = 6

Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor>>loginIfError:
Receiver:
     a Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor
Instance Variables:
     connection = an OracleThreadedConnection
     currentLogin = a Login(a Glorp.OraclePlatform, 'myUserName', 'shortServerName:myPortNumber/DATABASENAME', nil)
     logging = nil
     logger = nil
     logOnly = false
     reusePreparedStatements = true
     deniedCommands = nil
     mutex = a Semaphore[0]
     dependents = nil
     driverSession = nil
     preparedStatements = a Glorp.CacheManager
Arguments:
     aBlock = BlockClosure [] in Glorp.DatabaseAccessor>>login
Context PC = 25

Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor(Glorp.DatabaseAccessor)>>login
Receiver:
     a Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor
Instance Variables:
     connection = an OracleThreadedConnection
     currentLogin = a Login(a Glorp.OraclePlatform, 'myUserName', 'shortServerName:myPortNumber/DATABASENAME', nil)
     logging = nil
     logger = nil
     logOnly = false
     reusePreparedStatements = true
     deniedCommands = nil
     mutex = a Semaphore[0]
     dependents = nil
     driverSession = nil
     preparedStatements = a Glorp.CacheManager
Context PC = 5

Re: VW 7.9 and Oracle on Win7 - LibraryNotLoadedError

Maarten Mostert

What if you install Oracle XE does that work ?

@+Maarten,

> [...]

> Arguments:
> aBlock = BlockClosure [] in Glorp.DatabaseAccessor>>login
> Context PC = 25

> Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor(Glorp.DatabaseAccessor)>>login
> Receiver:
> a Glorp.VWDatabaseAccessor
> Instance Variables:
> connection = an OracleThreadedConnection
> currentLogin = a Login(a Glorp.OraclePlatform, 'myUserName',
> 'shortServerName:myPortNumber/DATABASENAME', nil)
> logging = nil
> logger = nil
> logOnly = false
> reusePreparedStatements = true
> deniedCommands = nil
> mutex = a Semaphore[0]
> dependents = nil
> driverSession = nil
> preparedStatements = a Glorp.CacheManager
> Context PC = 5

Re: VW 7.9 and Oracle on Win7 - LibraryNotLoadedError

By adding the entire contents of instantclient-basic-nt-11.2.0.3.0\instantclient_11_2 to a new directory on my path, I am able to successfully execute the Glorp tests connected to an Oracle database (all but 1 test, don't have it handy and I am in the middle of something else, but will follow up)