VW 7.9 and later - TextEditorController undo/redo not continuousAccept aware

VW 7.9 and later - TextEditorController undo/redo not continuousAccept aware

Terry Raymond

If you do an undo or redo in 7.9 and later, including 8.0, the controller does not

do an accept if continuousAccept is true.

Terry

Terry Raymond

Crafted Smalltalk

80 Lazywood Ln.

Tiverton, RI  02878

(401) 624-4517      [hidden email]

irregular iteration

Adam Crumpton
hi!

instead of:

1 to: 100 by: 2 do: [:n | n doSomething ].

I want to iterate over the numbers in an irregular way based on some
sort of list or stream, like:

1 to: 100 byNext: #(1 2 3 4 5) do: [:n | Transcript show: (n
printString), cr].

and have it show:

1
3
6
10
15
16
18
21
24
29

any suggestions on implentation would be appreciated. The list has to be
of arbitrary length.

thanks
Adam Crumpton
jas

Re: irregular iteration

jas
Hi Adam,

 >>to: limit byNext: streamOrCollection do: a1block
     | each rs |
     each := self.
     rs := streamOrCollection readStream.
     [ each <= limit
     ] whileTrue:
         [ a1block value: each.
           rs atEnd ifTrue: [rs reset].
           each := each + rs next
         ]

You'll also need this one (which is missing in most st implementations)

ReadStream>>readStream
     ^self

and possibly this one

 >>reset
     position := 0

(Is this for school? Be sure and check the results!)

Yours,

-cstb