VW7.9.1 Starting fresh, do I need to concern with Catergories anymore?

VW7.9.1 Starting fresh, do I need to concern with Catergories anymore?

askoh
Administrator
I am using Store, packages and bundles. Do I need to enter categories? Can I just ignore them totally?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: VW7.9.1 Starting fresh, do I need to concern with Catergories anymore?

Samuel S. Shuster-2
askoh,

> I am using Store, packages and bundles. Do I need to enter categories? Can I
> just ignore them totally?

Simple Answer: Yes.

Categories in VisualWorks are now in effect, vestigial. There are no current (Cincom) tools that use them. While you can enter them when creating a class, they no longer have a meaningful place in the organization of classes, or for that matter, NameSpaces.

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]

Re: VW7.9.1 Starting fresh, do I need to concern with Catergories anymore?

Samuel S. Shuster-2
askoh,

Arg! I just realized there were two questions, and I gave one answer:

> Do I need to enter categories?

No

> Can I just ignore them totally?

Yes

As for the other, I am always available via Email, and try to respond promptly if not always with the utmost of accuracy... No matter how much I try <sigh>

                                And So It Goes
                                     Sames

Samuel S. Shuster [|]