VW7.9.1 and StoreForSQLite3 failure

askoh
Administrator
I start a virgin VW7.9.1 image.
Load parcel StoreForSQLite3
Doit
Store.DbRegistry installDatabaseTables.
Enter environment, username and password.
Click/Connect
Exception: Cannot load library.

Thanks for your help.
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: VW7.9.1 and StoreForSQLite3 failure

askoh
Administrator
I am using Win 7 64 bit and 64bit image.
32 bit image gives 'External object not found'.

Re: VW7.9.1 and StoreForSQLite3 failure

Wallen, David
Is your 64-bit SQLite DLL in this directory?
        C:\Windows\System32\SQLite3.dll
Remember that 64-bit dlls go in the System32 directory (ask MS...).

- Dave

I am using Win 7 64 bit and 64bit image.
32 bit image gives 'External object not found'.

Re: VW7.9.1 and StoreForSQLite3 failure

askoh
Administrator
C:\Windows\System32\sqlite3.def
C:\Windows\System32\sqlite3.dll
both exist.

Re: VW7.9.1 and StoreForSQLite3 failure

askoh
Administrator
The dll is from
http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-src-3071401.zip
which I think is just 32 bit.

Do I need a 64 bit version of sqlite3.dll? If so where to get it?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: VW7.9.1 and StoreForSQLite3 failure

Wallen, David
> Do I need a 64 bit version of sqlite3.dll?

You need a 64-bit DLL if your image is 64-bits. Use the 32-bit DLL with
a 32-bit image. If you have a 32-bit DLL, that belongs in the sysWOW64
("windows-on-windows" or something like that), which is dedicated to
32-bit DLLs. I would also remove the 32-bit DLL from the system32
directory. System32 really is meant for 64-bit DLLs.

> If so where to get it?

I'm sorry that I misled everybody. SQLite probably still doesn't ship a
standalone 64-bit DLL. (But I haven't checked lately.) However, at this
site,

http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/downloads.wiki
they provide a variety of precompiled .Net assemblies and other things
which I don't use. What I did was download a file from there named:
        sqlite-netFx40-static-binary-x64-2010-1.0.79.0.zip
and in the extracted components, I found
        SQLite.Interop.dll
which I immediately copied into the system32 directory. It worked, so I
renamed it SQLite3.dll. Completely unorthodox, rash behavior, but it has
worked ever since. My only excuse is that I was probably led astray from
some online source.

-Dave