VWNC: Playing Sounds

Maximillian Davids
Hello list,
I need help. I'm programming a videogame and I'm stuck because I don't know how to play different sounds at the same time. I am searching the web trying to find a solution to this problem, but without good results.

I know I can use the "WindowsMultimedia" located in "Windows Goodies", but unless I'm doing things wrong, it's impossible to use more than one channel. I'm aware of "Siren" too, but there's
another problem with that: I don't want to download such a framework only for the "play sound" capability, as my videogame has a memory restriction (disk memory).

What I need is something with a similar functionality to that of "WindowsMultimedia", but allowing me to use multiple channels, and (if possible) support not only for ".wav" but also ".midi", ".ogg" and/or ".aiff". It would be great if I could modify the volume of the sound when its playing too. And above all: It MUST be free and public.

Does anyone know something of that nature I could use with vwnc?

(Note: I don't care about portability as far as it works with windows)

Thanks in advance.

Re: VWNC: Playing Sounds

davidbuck
I did this for ElastoLab.  I've extracted the code and put it at the
following site:

  http://www.simberon.com/sound.zip

I'm releasing this code as freely distributable under the MIT license.
Let me know if this helps.

David Buck
www.simberon.com