[Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

[Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

sergio_101
I would like to use JQueryValidation (https://jqueryvalidation.org/) in my application, but I am not sure now to do a few things.

- how do i go about including the source? I will probably just use a CDN link. How to i insert that into the head?
- how do i got about inserting the directive?

The html will look something like:

<input id="cname" name="name" minlength="2" type="text" required>

How do I insert that “required” directive?

I also need to insert a javascript snippet:

$("#commentForm").validate();

How do insert that?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: [Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Sergio,

Try with this:

html textInput
  id: 'cname';
  name: 'name';
  attributeAt: 'required' put: true;
  callback: [:v | ... ].

html script: (html jQuery id: 'commentForm') validate.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mar., 5 feb. 2019 a las 16:44, sergio ruiz (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> I would like to use JQueryValidation (https://jqueryvalidation.org/) in my application, but I am not sure now to do a few things.
>
> - how do i go about including the source? I will probably just use a CDN link. How to i insert that into the head?
> - how do i got about inserting the directive?
>
> The html will look something like:
>
>       <input id="cname" name="name" minlength="2" type="text" required>
>

> How do I insert that “required” directive?
>
> I also need to insert a javascript snippet:
>
> $("#commentForm").validate();
>
> How do insert that?
>
> Thanks!
>

> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
> #BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
> http://www.codeandmusic.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: [Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

sergio_101
Awesome! trying now..

how do include the the CDN in the header?

Thanks!

On February 5, 2019 at 2:48:33 PM, Esteban Maringolo ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi Sergio,

Try with this:

html textInput
id: 'cname';
name: 'name';
attributeAt: 'required' put: true;
callback: [:v | ... ].

html script: (html jQuery id: 'commentForm') validate.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mar., 5 feb. 2019 a las 16:44, sergio ruiz (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> I would like to use JQueryValidation (https://jqueryvalidation.org/) in my application, but I am not sure now to do a few things.
>
> - how do i go about including the source? I will probably just use a CDN link. How to i insert that into the head?
> - how do i got about inserting the directive?
>
> The html will look something like:
>
> <input id="cname" name="name" minlength="2" type="text" required>
>

> How do I insert that “required” directive?
>
> I also need to insert a javascript snippet:
>
> $("#commentForm").validate();
>
> How do insert that?
>
> Thanks!
>

> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
> #BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
> http://www.codeandmusic.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: [Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

sergio_101

html script: (html jQuery id: 'commentForm') validate.

okay, on this, smalltalk doesn’t know what validate is..

this validate method is coming from an external javascript library.. so smalltalk wouldn’t know about it..

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: [Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

Esteban A. Maringolo
Oh, sorry I assumed validate was already defined, you can then do:

html script: ((html jQuery id: 'commentForm') call: 'validate').

Or implement validate in JQueryInstance as follows:

JQueryInstance>>#validate
     ^self call: 'validate'

If you plan to use validate extensively I recommend you do the latter.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mar., 5 feb. 2019 a las 17:44, sergio ruiz (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> html script: (html jQuery id: 'commentForm') validate.
>

> okay, on this, smalltalk doesn’t know what validate is..
>
> this validate method is coming from an external javascript library.. so smalltalk wouldn’t know about it..
>

> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
> #BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
> http://www.codeandmusic.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: [Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

sergio_101
Perfect! i ended up cheating and doing:

html
script:
'$("#dataForm").validate();$("#enterZipCOde").rules( "add", {minlength: 5, digits: true});’

but i’ll clean that up..

Thanks!

On February 5, 2019 at 3:58:56 PM, Esteban Maringolo ([hidden email]) wrote:

Oh, sorry I assumed validate was already defined, you can then do:

html script: ((html jQuery id: 'commentForm') call: 'validate').

Or implement validate in JQueryInstance as follows:

JQueryInstance>>#validate
^self call: 'validate'

If you plan to use validate extensively I recommend you do the latter.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mar., 5 feb. 2019 a las 17:44, sergio ruiz (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> html script: (html jQuery id: 'commentForm') validate.
>

> okay, on this, smalltalk doesn’t know what validate is..
>
> this validate method is coming from an external javascript library.. so smalltalk wouldn’t know about it..
>

> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
> #BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
> http://www.codeandmusic.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: [Validation] Would like to use jqueryvalidation

Esteban A. Maringolo
Just a minor fix.

If you're going to inline JS code directly the proper way to do it is
by using a JSStream.

So:

html
script: (JSStream on: