Variable not initialized at runtime due reduction

Variable not initialized at runtime due reduction

Глеб Корольков
I has trouble building a program that uses the Web service.
After in-depth debugging it was discovered that a class AbtXmlObjectCache,
inside VisualAge environment has initialized class variable "Current".
After  packaging,  and it is accessed at runtime, this variable is not
initialized (nil), but launching from the environment does not cause an error.
The result is that there is an error in parsing the WSDL.
It seems that this occurs due to reduction, during packaging.
How to eliminate class AbtXmlObjectCache of reduction?
Or is there another way to solve this problem?

Re: Variable not initialized at runtime due reduction

Thomas Koschate-2
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:16:18 AM UTC-4, Глеб Корольков wrote:

How to eliminate class AbtXmlObjectCache of reduction?Or is there another way to solve this problem?

As long as you're using the accessor to get the singleton (AbtXmlObjectCache class>>#current), you should be getting a valid cache object.  If you're working in a subclass and directly accessing the class variable, you won't get what you need.

Tom

Re: Variable not initialized at runtime due reduction

SebastianHC

you should make sure that you have somthing like this in your packaged
sources:

Have a look at: SstWebServicesParserApp startUp.

Whenever your image is started the startUp method is called and
initializes the AbtXmlObjectCache as needed. That's what you need to
do/have.
Same can or is often implemented in methods like loaded or
initializeAfterLoad.

Just browse for such methods and you get an idea.

Sebastian