Variables in auto-completion

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

I remember that in old Pharo versions, the auto-completion added the
variables at the top of the completion list. Now they are at the
bottom under the classes.

The original version worked better for me. The current version really
annoys me since most of the time I would prefer to have a variables
completed. Is there a setting somewhere to get the old behavior back?
If not, does someone knowing the implementation of the auto-completion
knows where I could put a metalink to get the old behavior back for
me?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Variables in auto-completion

Julien Delplanque-2

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40

Le 28 mars 2019 à 11:15, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

I remember that in old Pharo versions, the auto-completion added the
variables at the top of the completion list. Now they are at the
bottom under the classes.

The original version worked better for me.

I preferred previous version as well.

Cheers,

Julien

The current version really
annoys me since most of the time I would prefer to have a variables
completed. Is there a setting somewhere to get the old behavior back?
If not, does someone knowing the implementation of the auto-completion
knows where I could put a metalink to get the old behavior back for
me?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Variables in auto-completion

alistairgrant
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 11:16, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I remember that in old Pharo versions, the auto-completion added the
> variables at the top of the completion list. Now they are at the
> bottom under the classes.
>
> The original version worked better for me. The current version really
> annoys me since most of the time I would prefer to have a variables
> completed. Is there a setting somewhere to get the old behavior back?
> If not, does someone knowing the implementation of the auto-completion
> knows where I could put a metalink to get the old behavior back for
> me?

And me... :-)

It's even more annoying because I can type the entire variable name
and then continue typing only to get the variable replaced with some
random class name.

Cheers,
Alistair

Re: Variables in auto-completion

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 28 Mar 2019, at 15:10, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 at 11:16, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I remember that in old Pharo versions, the auto-completion added the
>> variables at the top of the completion list. Now they are at the
>> bottom under the classes.
>>
>> The original version worked better for me. The current version really
>> annoys me since most of the time I would prefer to have a variables
>> completed. Is there a setting somewhere to get the old behavior back?
>> If not, does someone knowing the implementation of the auto-completion
>> knows where I could put a metalink to get the old behavior back for
>> me?
>
> And me... :-)
>
> It's even more annoying because I can type the entire variable name
> and then continue typing only to get the variable replaced with some
> random class name.

Haha, yes, I hate that too ... that is code completion that makes you less productive ;-)

> Cheers,
> Alistair

Re: Variables in auto-completion

Marcus Denker-4
The globals are in the list first... I think this can be fixed by moving the adding from #initializeSelectors to #addVariables
(class NECUntypedModel).

The whole NEC code is far too complex… we have some experiments for an AST based version, we should dig that out again.

(I added the note to the issue)