VersionHistory and VersionNumber

Adrian Lienhard
Does anybody use these two classes? Are they worth being kept in the
core (there are no users in the core)?

Class comment:  A version history is a collection of VersionNumbers
that together form a tree of versions.  I enforce rules about how
versions are added and removed from the history.

Adrian

Re: VersionHistory and VersionNumber

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does anybody use these two classes? Are they worth being kept in the
core (there are no users in the core)?

I remember Goran said in IRC that those classes were not necessary if we removed SM. At that moment I browsed senders and references to the class and I didn't found nothing. So, I think they should removed. I cc goran just in case.

Mariano

Class comment:  A version history is a collection of VersionNumbers
that together form a tree of versions.  I enforce rules about how
versions are added and removed from the history.

Adrian

Re: VersionHistory and VersionNumber

Marcus Denker-3

On 21.07.2009, at 13:36, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Does anybody use these two classes? Are they worth being kept in the
> core (there are no users in the core)?
>
> Class comment:  A version history is a collection of VersionNumbers
> that together form a tree of versions.  I enforce rules about how
> versions are added and removed from the history.

I think they are used only in SqueakMap.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: VersionHistory and VersionNumber

the numbering is important (now I do not these specific classes).

stef

On Jul 21, 2009, at 7:36 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Does anybody use these two classes? Are they worth being kept in the
> core (there are no users in the core)?
>
> Class comment:  A version history is a collection of VersionNumbers
> that together form a tree of versions.  I enforce rules about how
> versions are added and removed from the history.
>
> Adrian

Re: VersionHistory and VersionNumber

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Adrian Lienhard<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anybody use these two classes? Are they worth being kept in the
> core (there are no users in the core)?

when you want to know about users of a specific code, you'd better
look at Pharo instead of the Pharo-core.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Adrian Lienhard<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anybody use these two classes? Are they worth being kept in the
> core (there are no users in the core)?

when you want to know about users of a specific code, you'd better
look at Pharo instead of the Pharo-core.

Indeed, also in Pharo web ;)