VersionedObject usage?

FDominicus
I wonder where the Versioned Object stuff is used.

Any taker?

Regards
Friedrich

--
Q-Software Solutions GmbH; Sitz: Bruchsal; Registergericht: Mannheim
Registriernummer: HRB232138; Geschaeftsfuehrer: Friedrich Dominicus

Re: VersionedObject usage?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Friedrich,

On 24. 02. 2011 16:08, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> I wonder where the Versioned Object stuff is used.

It is used in Scribo CMS for versioning documents like wiki and website
pages. Our website and also http://www.squeak.org is running on top of
Scribo.

Main trick VersionObject provides is that the current (most recent)
version has always the same identity and therefore also the same Url.
when you prepare and publish a new version, its identity is swapped with
previously published one. Also all references to the versioned object
point always to the most recent version of it.

There also a VersionSpec, which holds the version history of the
versioned object.

A bit about usage is here: http://www.aidaweb.si/advanced-features-b#h-9

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

Re: VersionedObject usage?

Nicholas Moore

Scribo Wiki maybe?

--

Nicholas Moore

Skype: tsr_nicholas

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"