[Versionner] Including remote packages

sergio_101
Hi, all..

I am creating a configuration using versioner.. as part of this configuration, I need to include packages (which don’t have a configuration) from a remote repository.. i initially brought the class in from monticello, and included it, but i ended up with a configuration line that goes like:

spec package: ‘<package A>’

what i really need is something like

spec repository: ‘<url to repo>’
spec package: ‘<package A>’

or, is there a better way to set up my project?

Should that main package (which would probably be useless outside the configuration) be hosted together?

ideas? thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
http://www.Village-Buzz.com
http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: [Versionner] Including remote packages

Juraj Kubelka
Hi!

I recommend you to create two configurations. One for the remote repository, and one for your project.

What do you think?
Juraj

El 21-02-2017, a las 18:53, sergio ruiz <[hidden email]> escribió:

Hi, all..

I am creating a configuration using versioner.. as part of this configuration, I need to include packages (which don’t have a configuration) from a remote repository.. i initially brought the class in from monticello, and included it, but i ended up with a configuration line that goes like:

spec package: ‘<package A>’

what i really need is something like

spec repository: ‘<url to repo>’
spec package: ‘<package A>’

or, is there a better way to set up my project?

Should that main package (which would probably be useless outside the configuration) be hosted together?

ideas? thanks!

Re: [Versionner] Including remote packages

sergio_101
Ah, yes..

actually, i am making something like: ConfigurationOfPrintBot

Where the package PrintBot lives on smalltalk hub..

what i really need to do is get Versionner to reference the REMOTE version of the package, and not the one i have loaded into my image. to solve this, i just edited the configuration by hand.. but i think i just need to reference it differently..

thanks!