Versionner in pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
Is there work in progress to make Versionner work in pharo 2.0? The problems I see are at first related to the removal SystemChangeNotifier.
If nobody is working on it is there any reading material about the changes from SystemChangeNotifier to Announcements? I could fix it myself then but I don't know nothing about this system internal.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

stephane ducasse
Christophe is…
and will probably reply.

We want this tool.

On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there work in progress to make Versionner work in pharo 2.0? The problems I see are at first related to the removal SystemChangeNotifier.
> If nobody is working on it is there any reading material about the changes from SystemChangeNotifier to Announcements? I could fix it myself then but I don't know nothing about this system internal.
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

EstebanLM
there is work in progress... a bit slow because my times (and Christoph's) are a bit... overcharged :)

On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there work in progress to make Versionner work in pharo 2.0? The problems I see are at first related to the removal SystemChangeNotifier.
> If nobody is working on it is there any reading material about the changes from SystemChangeNotifier to Announcements? I could fix it myself then but I don't know nothing about this system internal.
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl
Can you tell me what an equivalent to a SystemChangeNotifier call would be today? I can derive Announcement class names from the message sends to SystemChangeNotifier. But I don't know e.g. where is the announcer in the system where you would register for class change, method modified etc. announcements.

Norbert

Am 28.03.2013 um 11:51 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:

> there is work in progress... a bit slow because my times (and Christoph's) are a bit... overcharged :)
>
> On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there work in progress to make Versionner work in pharo 2.0? The problems I see are at first related to the removal SystemChangeNotifier.
>> If nobody is working on it is there any reading material about the changes from SystemChangeNotifier to Announcements? I could fix it myself then but I don't know nothing about this system internal.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

EstebanLM
Hi Norbert,

Check around SystemAnnouncer :)

Esteban

On Mar 28, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you tell me what an equivalent to a SystemChangeNotifier call would be today? I can derive Announcement class names from the message sends to SystemChangeNotifier. But I don't know e.g. where is the announcer in the system where you would register for class change, method modified etc. announcements.
>
> Norbert
>
> Am 28.03.2013 um 11:51 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:
>
>> there is work in progress... a bit slow because my times (and Christoph's) are a bit... overcharged :)
>>
>> On Mar 28, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there work in progress to make Versionner work in pharo 2.0? The problems I see are at first related to the removal SystemChangeNotifier.
>>> If nobody is working on it is there any reading material about the changes from SystemChangeNotifier to Announcements? I could fix it myself then but I don't know nothing about this system internal.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

demarey
Hi Norbert,

Here is a patch for announcements (and some other things) for Versionner on Pharo2. Unzip, add this folder as repository in Monticello and load latest packages versions.
After that, I'm not sure it will help you because there are issues with MetacelloToolbox.
I'm working on that and I hope to have good news soon.

Regards,
Christophe.

Le 28 mars 2013 à 12:44, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

> Hi Norbert,
>
> Check around SystemAnnouncer :)
>
> Esteban
>
> On Mar 28, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can you tell me what an equivalent to a SystemChangeNotifier call would be today? I can derive Announcement class names from the message sends to SystemChangeNotifier. But I don't know e.g. where is the announcer in the system where you would register for class change, method modified etc. announcements.
>>
>> Norbert
>>
>> Am 28.03.2013 um 11:51 schrieb Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> there is work in progress... a bit slow because my times (and Christoph's) are a bit... overcharged :)

pharo2-port.zip (126K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

EstebanLM
btw... why is there a ConfigurationOfVersionner in verified repo for 2.0 if it is not working (and therefore, it is not "verified")?

Esteban

On Mar 28, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> Here is a patch for announcements (and some other things) for Versionner on Pharo2. Unzip, add this folder as repository in Monticello and load latest packages versions.
> After that, I'm not sure it will help you because there are issues with MetacelloToolbox.
> I'm working on that and I hope to have good news soon.
>
> Regards,
> Christophe.
>

> <pharo2-port.zip>
>
> Le 28 mars 2013 à 12:44, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> Check around SystemAnnouncer :)
>>
>> Esteban
>>
>> On Mar 28, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you tell me what an equivalent to a SystemChangeNotifier call would be today? I can derive Announcement class names from the message sends to SystemChangeNotifier. But I don't know e.g. where is the announcer in the system where you would register for class change, method modified etc. announcements.
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

NorbertHartl

I fixed the announcements already and got to the metacello toolbox problems. It is complaining a version (actually a baseline version) does not exist although it is defined in the configuration. If you are on it I'm happy to shy away. My time frame for it is over anyway. Just to let you know that you have one lucky customer for anything you'll achieve. Let me know!

Norbert

Am 28.03.2013 um 13:58 schrieb Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> Here is a patch for announcements (and some other things) for Versionner on Pharo2. Unzip, add this folder as repository in Monticello and load latest packages versions.
> After that, I'm not sure it will help you because there are issues with MetacelloToolbox.
> I'm working on that and I hope to have good news soon.
>
> Regards,
> Christophe.
>

> <pharo2-port.zip>
>
> Le 28 mars 2013 à 12:44, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>
>> Hi Norbert,
>>
>> Check around SystemAnnouncer :)
>>
>> Esteban
>>
>> On Mar 28, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you tell me what an equivalent to a SystemChangeNotifier call would be today? I can derive Announcement class names from the message sends to SystemChangeNotifier. But I don't know e.g. where is the announcer in the system where you would register for class change, method modified etc. announcements.
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

demarey

Le 28 mars 2013 à 14:13, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

> btw... why is there a ConfigurationOfVersionner in verified repo for 2.0 if it is not working (and therefore, it is not "verified")?

What do you mean by "verified repo for 2.0" ?

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

EstebanLM
MetaRepoForPharo20

that's for verified versions (version the author is certain the installation will work)

Esteban

On Mar 28, 2013, at 10:23 PM, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 28 mars 2013 à 14:13, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
>
>> btw... why is there a ConfigurationOfVersionner in verified repo for 2.0 if it is not working (and therefore, it is not "verified")?
>

> What do you mean by "verified repo for 2.0" ?

Re: Versionner in pharo 2.0

demarey
I'm not aware pf it.