Versions of Seaside, Scriptaculous, ShoreComponents and PlotKit for production

Versions of Seaside, Scriptaculous, ShoreComponents and PlotKit for production

Sebastián Sastre
Hi all,

    I want to know if one can have now a squeak image loaded with
  • Seaside
  • Scriptaculous
  • ShoreComponents
  • PlotKit
    confident enough to make an application wich can go to production.

    Right now I'm using as a base the seaside 2.5 image downloaded from the seaside web page, and the ShoreComponents installed from SqueakMap. That is fine right now, but I want to add some of the PlotKit features and perhaps one or two scriptaculous ones.

    Wich remomendations I do have?

    Where I should look for this code? allways in SqueakSource? Wich releases should I install?

    thank you

Sebstian

Re: Versions of Seaside, Scriptaculous, ShoreComponents and PlotKit for production

John Pierce-2
Hi Sebastian,

I have all these components loaded successfully in a Squeak 3.9 image.
I'm not sure what you mean by "ready for production", but do they all
work together in the same project?

Right now the answer is no. PlotKit and Scriptaculous don't play nice
together from a Javascript perspective. Scriptaculous includes the
Prototype javascript code and Plotkit includes Mochikit javascript
code and Prototype and Mochikit (with how it is used in PlotKit) don't
play nice together right now.

How do I know? I've tried on IE or Firefox and get javascript errors.
See this thread from the Plotkit group for more details:
http://groups.google.com/group/plotkit/browse_thread/thread/6a347862071a75be/#

So, I'm not sure sure what to say other than do your plotting in a
separate application from your Scriptaculous components. That's what
I'm doing for now. Or avoid using Scriptaculous in your plotting app
if you can. Or provide a fix to the PlotKit Mochikit javascript code
to make it compatible with Prototype.

I'm sorry I don't have any more details on the problem, but this is
the background info.

Regards,

John

On 5/17/06, Sebastián Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I want to know if one can have now a squeak image loaded with
>
> Seaside
> Scriptaculous
> ShoreComponents
> PlotKit
>     confident enough to make an application wich can go to production.
>
>     Right now I'm using as a base the seaside 2.5 image downloaded from the
> seaside web page, and the ShoreComponents installed from SqueakMap. That is
> fine right now, but I want to add some of the PlotKit features and perhaps
> one or two scriptaculous ones.
>
>     Wich remomendations I do have?
>
>     Where I should look for this code? allways in SqueakSource? Wich
> releases should I install?
>
>     thank you
>
> Sebstian

progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

RE: Versions of Seaside, Scriptaculous, ShoreComponents and PlotKit for production

Sebastián Sastre
Dear John,

        it's ok. I need a perspective like you has provided. I'll avoid
scriptaculous by now.

        How do you get a 3.9 image? I've tried to find where to download
without success.

Chad Nantais-2
Sebastián,

You can get a 3.9 image from:
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9/

Cheers,

Chad

On 5/17/06, Sebastián Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear John,
>
>         it's ok. I need a perspective like you has provided. I'll avoid
> scriptaculous by now.
>
>         How do you get a 3.9 image? I've tried to find where to download
> without success.

Philippe Marschall
Hi

PlotKit should work on any Seaside 2.6. It is of course not tested on
all these versions but it contains only 7 lines of Seaside rendring
code.
Please note that PlotKit also requires Scriptaculous to convert Squeak
objects to JavaScript objects. I haven't tested the >= 100 branch of
Scriptaculous. If you don't want to find out for yourself if it works
I'd recommend Scriptaculous-lr.70.
I'm not aware of any specific Squeak version requirements for PlotKit.

You can find PlotKit in the Seachart Monticello repository
http://www.squeaksource.com/seachart
and Scriptaculous in the Seaside Monticello repository
http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside

I can not say anything about compability with ShoreComponents.

For PlotKit <-> Scriptaculous see the link in the post of John Pierce.

Cheers
Philippe

2006/5/17, Sebastián Sastre <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
>     I want to know if one can have now a squeak image loaded with
>
> Seaside
> Scriptaculous
> ShoreComponents
> PlotKit
>     confident enough to make an application wich can go to production.
>
>     Right now I'm using as a base the seaside 2.5 image downloaded from the
> seaside web page, and the ShoreComponents installed from SqueakMap. That is
> fine right now, but I want to add some of the PlotKit features and perhaps
> one or two scriptaculous ones.
>
>     Wich remomendations I do have?
>
>     Where I should look for this code? allways in SqueakSource? Wich
> releases should I install?
>
>     thank you
>
> Sebstian

RE: Versions of Seaside, Scriptaculous, ShoreComponents and PlotKit for production

Sebastián Sastre
Thank you Philippe, I'll certainly try that releases,

        thanks again,

Sebastian