Verveine-PHP

cdelaunay
Hello,

With nicolas we started to have a look at the eclipse-php-parser (provide with PDT), to export a famix-mse file from a PHP project. We already started to build an eclipse plugin that does some work:
=> We create an AST for each php file of the project
=> Then we have a visitor on this ast, and we are therfore able to make a specific action for each kind of node visited
=> For now, we just export some FAMIXNamespace, FAMIXClass, FAMIXMethods.

So  what's left is to  implement each visit-method to extract informations for each node visited. For that we will have to know a bit more PHP :) Maybe the metamodel will have to be extended to take into account some PHP-specific elements, I don't know.

If you want to have a look, sources are available via svn at:

Vervaine provide the extractor (not yet finished) for Java ans this one for PHP. Both are using a common mechanism to generate famix entities and extract them to mse.

I will be on holidays until august and will probably no longer work on it until august. So if you want to have a look (and have the courage to install eclipse to read java code:)), have some suggestions, want to implement something, feel free to participate :)

Re: Verveine-PHP

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?

Cheers,
Doru

On 3 Jul 2010, at 14:02, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With nicolas we started to have a look at the eclipse-php-parser
> (provide with PDT), to export a famix-mse file from a PHP project.
> We already started to build an eclipse plugin that does some work:
> => We create an AST for each php file of the project
> => Then we have a visitor on this ast, and we are therfore able to
> make a specific action for each kind of node visited
> => For now, we just export some FAMIXNamespace, FAMIXClass,
> FAMIXMethods.
>
> So  what's left is to  implement each visit-method to extract
> informations for each node visited. For that we will have to know a
> bit more PHP :) Maybe the metamodel will have to be extended to take
> into account some PHP-specific elements, I don't know.
>
> If you want to have a look, sources are available via svn at:
> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine
>
> Vervaine provide the extractor (not yet finished) for Java ans this
> one for PHP. Both are using a common mechanism to generate famix
> entities and extract them to mse.
>
> I will be on holidays until august and will probably no longer work
> on it until august. So if you want to have a look (and have the
> courage to install eclipse to read java code:)), have some
> suggestions, want to implement something, feel free to participate :)

www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: Verveine-PHP

Simon Denier-3

Good work.

Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.

However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I don't know why.

This one is public
https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP

On 3 juil. 2010, at 14:15, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 3 Jul 2010, at 14:02, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> With nicolas we started to have a look at the eclipse-php-parser (provide with PDT), to export a famix-mse file from a PHP project. We already started to build an eclipse plugin that does some work:
>> => We create an AST for each php file of the project
>> => Then we have a visitor on this ast, and we are therfore able to make a specific action for each kind of node visited
>> => For now, we just export some FAMIXNamespace, FAMIXClass, FAMIXMethods.
>>
>> So  what's left is to  implement each visit-method to extract informations for each node visited. For that we will have to know a bit more PHP :) Maybe the metamodel will have to be extended to take into account some PHP-specific elements, I don't know.
>>
>> If you want to have a look, sources are available via svn at:
>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine
>>
>> Vervaine provide the extractor (not yet finished) for Java ans this one for PHP. Both are using a common mechanism to generate famix entities and extract them to mse.
>>
>> I will be on holidays until august and will probably no longer work on it until august. So if you want to have a look (and have the courage to install eclipse to read java code:)), have some suggestions, want to implement something, feel free to participate :)

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

 Simon

Re: Verveine-PHP

Tudor Girba
Hi Simon,

I cannot access it. I am required a password that I do not have.

Doru

On 3 Jul 2010, at 15:14, Simon Denier wrote:

> Good work.
>

> Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.
>

> However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I
> don't know why.
>
> This one is public
> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP
>

> On 3 juil. 2010, at 14:15, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 3 Jul 2010, at 14:02, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> With nicolas we started to have a look at the eclipse-php-parser
>>> (provide with PDT), to export a famix-mse file from a PHP project.
>>> We already started to build an eclipse plugin that does some work:
>>> => We create an AST for each php file of the project
>>> => Then we have a visitor on this ast, and we are therfore able to
>>> make a specific action for each kind of node visited
>>> => For now, we just export some FAMIXNamespace, FAMIXClass,
>>> FAMIXMethods.
>>>
>>> So  what's left is to  implement each visit-method to extract
>>> informations for each node visited. For that we will have to know
>>> a bit more PHP :) Maybe the metamodel will have to be extended to
>>> take into account some PHP-specific elements, I don't know.
>>>
>>> If you want to have a look, sources are available via svn at:
>>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine
>>>
>>> Vervaine provide the extractor (not yet finished) for Java ans
>>> this one for PHP. Both are using a common mechanism to generate
>>> famix entities and extract them to mse.
>>>
>>> I will be on holidays until august and will probably no longer
>>> work on it until august. So if you want to have a look (and have
>>> the courage to install eclipse to read java code:)), have some
>>> suggestions, want to implement something, feel free to
>>> participate :)
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: Verveine-PHP

Simon Denier-3

On 3 juil. 2010, at 15:19, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> I cannot access it. I am required a password that I do not have.

Try resetting the password from https://gforge.inria.fr
Your username is girba.

> Doru
>

> On 3 Jul 2010, at 15:14, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> Good work.
>>

>> Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.
>>

>> However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I don't know why.
>>
>> This one is public
>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP
>>

>> On 3 juil. 2010, at 14:15, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."

 Simon

Re: Verveine-PHP

> Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?

you have access to it since you are in people that can access lse

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 3 Jul 2010, at 14:02, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> With nicolas we started to have a look at the eclipse-php-parser (provide with PDT), to export a famix-mse file from a PHP project. We already started to build an eclipse plugin that does some work:
>> => We create an AST for each php file of the project
>> => Then we have a visitor on this ast, and we are therfore able to make a specific action for each kind of node visited
>> => For now, we just export some FAMIXNamespace, FAMIXClass, FAMIXMethods.
>>
>> So  what's left is to  implement each visit-method to extract informations for each node visited. For that we will have to know a bit more PHP :) Maybe the metamodel will have to be extended to take into account some PHP-specific elements, I don't know.
>>
>> If you want to have a look, sources are available via svn at:
>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine
>>
>> Vervaine provide the extractor (not yet finished) for Java ans this one for PHP. Both are using a common mechanism to generate famix entities and extract them to mse.
>>
>> I will be on holidays until august and will probably no longer work on it until august. So if you want to have a look (and have the courage to install eclipse to read java code:)), have some suggestions, want to implement something, feel free to participate :)

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: Verveine-PHP

because they started on the private svn and I asked them to go on the public one so that people can get access to it.

Stef

On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Simon Denier wrote:

> Good work.
>

> Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.
>

> However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I don't know why.
>
> This one is public
> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP
>

> On 3 juil. 2010, at 14:15, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 3 Jul 2010, at 14:02, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> With nicolas we started to have a look at the eclipse-php-parser (provide with PDT), to export a famix-mse file from a PHP project. We already started to build an eclipse plugin that does some work:
>>> => We create an AST for each php file of the project
>>> => Then we have a visitor on this ast, and we are therfore able to make a specific action for each kind of node visited
>>> => For now, we just export some FAMIXNamespace, FAMIXClass, FAMIXMethods.
>>>
>>> So  what's left is to  implement each visit-method to extract informations for each node visited. For that we will have to know a bit more PHP :) Maybe the metamodel will have to be extended to take into account some PHP-specific elements, I don't know.
>>>
>>> If you want to have a look, sources are available via svn at:
>>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine
>>>
>>> Vervaine provide the extractor (not yet finished) for Java ans this one for PHP. Both are using a common mechanism to generate famix entities and extract them to mse.
>>>
>>> I will be on holidays until august and will probably no longer work on it until august. So if you want to have a look (and have the courage to install eclipse to read java code:)), have some suggestions, want to implement something, feel free to participate :)
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

> Simon

Re: Verveine-PHP

anquetil.nicolas
The right project is Verveine.
Verveine-PHP was the prototype

Verveine includes the java parser based on JDT but standalone (runs
outside eclipse) and the PHP parser based on PDT (but it only runs as
an eclipse plugin).

Nicolas Anquetil
RMod INRIA
Université Lille-1

On 3 juil. 2010, at 21:37, "Stéphane Ducasse"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> because they started on the private svn and I asked them to go on
> the public one so that people can get access to it.
>
> Stef
>
> On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> Good work.
>>

>> Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.
>>

>> However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I
>> don't know why.
>>
>> This one is public
>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP
>>

>> On 3 juil. 2010, at 14:15, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Cool! How do I get access to the SVN?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

>> --
>> Simon

Re: Verveine-PHP

Stéphane Ducasse
ok I thought simon was talking about the two different svn
On Jul 3, 2010, at 11:34 PM, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> The right project is Verveine.
> Verveine-PHP was the prototype
>
> Verveine includes the java parser based on JDT but standalone (runs
> outside eclipse) and the PHP parser based on PDT (but it only runs as
> an eclipse plugin).
>
> Nicolas Anquetil
> RMod INRIA
> Université Lille-1
>
> On 3 juil. 2010, at 21:37, "Stéphane Ducasse"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> because they started on the private svn and I asked them to go on
>> the public one so that people can get access to it.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>>

>>> Good work.
>>>

>>> Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.
>>>

>>> However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I
>>> don't know why.
>>>
>>> This one is public
>>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP

>>> --
>>> Simon

Re: Verveine-PHP

Simon Denier-3

On 3 juil. 2010, at 23:34, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> The right project is Verveine.
> Verveine-PHP was the prototype
>
> Verveine includes the java parser based on JDT but standalone (runs
> outside eclipse) and the PHP parser based on PDT (but it only runs as
> an eclipse plugin).

mmm then, Verveine is in the private repository, not the public one.

> Nicolas Anquetil
> RMod INRIA
> Université Lille-1
>
> On 3 juil. 2010, at 21:37, "Stéphane Ducasse"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> because they started on the private svn and I asked them to go on
>> the public one so that people can get access to it.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:14 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>>

>>> Good work.
>>>

>>> Doru, you should already have access to the public svn.
>>>

>>> However, I see two Verveine projects, one private and one public. I
>>> don't know why.
>>>
>>> This one is public
>>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/Verveine-PHP

>>> --
>>> Simon

 Simon

Re: Verveine-PHP

anquetil.nicolas
Hi all,

Verveine is back :-)

I just realized Simon and Steph were right (sort of)

Verveine is not in the public server

Well ... actually it is:
There is a src directory under
https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/ which is the source of
Verveine (for Java and PHP)
Unfortunately, it comes with all the Eclipse config files: .project,
.classpath, ...)   :-(

It means we goofed up the import in SVN
Since Cyrille is on vacation I will put the blame on him :-)

I will also try to correct things on the svn server.
(Although it is not that simple because SVN servers are meant not to
forget anything so I am not sure if I can remove the erroneous
directory)

nicolas
anyway

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3 juil. 2010, at 23:34, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:
>
>> The right project is Verveine.
>> Verveine-PHP was the prototype
>>
>> Verveine includes the java parser based on JDT but standalone (runs
>> outside eclipse) and the PHP parser based on PDT (but it only runs as
>> an eclipse plugin).
>

> mmm then, Verveine is in the private repository, not the public one.
>

>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod INRIA
>> Université Lille-1
>>
>> On 3 juil. 2010, at 21:37, "Stéphane Ducasse"
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> because they started on the private svn and I asked them to go on
>>> the public one so that people can get access to it.
>>>
>>> Stef

>  Simon

Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

Re: Verveine-PHP

Jean-Rémy Falleri
You should put the stuff on googlecode so that everybody can participate freely...

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Nicolas Anquetil <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Verveine is back :-)

I just realized Simon and Steph were right (sort of)

Verveine is not in the public server

Well ... actually it is:
There is a src directory under
https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/ which is the source of
Verveine (for Java and PHP)
Unfortunately, it comes with all the Eclipse config files: .project,
.classpath, ...)   :-(

It means we goofed up the import in SVN
Since Cyrille is on vacation I will put the blame on him :-)

I will also try to correct things on the svn server.
(Although it is not that simple because SVN servers are meant not to
forget anything so I am not sure if I can remove the erroneous
directory)

nicolas
anyway

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3 juil. 2010, at 23:34, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:
>
>> The right project is Verveine.
>> Verveine-PHP was the prototype
>>
>> Verveine includes the java parser based on JDT but standalone (runs
>> outside eclipse) and the PHP parser based on PDT (but it only runs as
>> an eclipse plugin).
>

> mmm then, Verveine is in the private repository, not the public one.
>

>> Nicolas Anquetil
>> RMod INRIA
>> Université Lille-1
>>
>> On 3 juil. 2010, at 21:37, "Stéphane Ducasse"
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> because they started on the private svn and I asked them to go on
>>> the public one so that people can get access to it.
>>>
>>> Stef

>  Simon

Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

Dr. Jean-Rémy Falleri
http://www.lirmm.fr/~falleri
INRIA Lille, RMOD Team

Re: Verveine-PHP

anquetil.nicolas
possibly ...

But there are other considerations too.

Like putting too much of our lives in google's hands ...

I am not opposed to that if it is a general request
But I have little in favour too

nicolas "the righteous" (or "the asshole" ?  ;-) )

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Jean-Rémy Falleri
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You should put the stuff on googlecode so that everybody can participate
> freely...
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Nicolas Anquetil
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Verveine is back :-)
>>
>> I just realized Simon and Steph were right (sort of)
>>
>> Verveine is not in the public server
>>
>> Well ... actually it is:
>> There is a src directory under
>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/ which is the source of
>> Verveine (for Java and PHP)
>> Unfortunately, it comes with all the Eclipse config files: .project,
>> .classpath, ...)   :-(
>>
>> It means we goofed up the import in SVN
>> Since Cyrille is on vacation I will put the blame on him :-)
>>
>> I will also try to correct things on the svn server.
>> (Although it is not that simple because SVN servers are meant not to
>> forget anything so I am not sure if I can remove the erroneous
>> directory)
>>
>> nicolas
>> anyway
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>> > mmm then, Verveine is in the private repository, not the public one.

>> > --
>> >  Simon

>> --
>> Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

> Dr. Jean-Rémy Falleri
> http://www.lirmm.fr/~falleri
> INRIA Lille, RMOD Team

Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

Re: Verveine-PHP

Stéphane Ducasse
I agree with you nicolas.
We can say that if people want to contribute we can give them right access
Stef

On Jul 9, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> possibly ...
>
> But there are other considerations too.
>
> Like putting too much of our lives in google's hands ...
>
> I am not opposed to that if it is a general request
> But I have little in favour too
>
> nicolas "the righteous" (or "the asshole" ?  ;-) )
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Jean-Rémy Falleri
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> You should put the stuff on googlecode so that everybody can participate
>> freely...
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Nicolas Anquetil
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Verveine is back :-)
>>>
>>> I just realized Simon and Steph were right (sort of)
>>>
>>> Verveine is not in the public server
>>>
>>> Well ... actually it is:
>>> There is a src directory under
>>> https://scm.gforge.inria.fr/svn/lse/Projects/ which is the source of
>>> Verveine (for Java and PHP)
>>> Unfortunately, it comes with all the Eclipse config files: .project,
>>> .classpath, ...)   :-(
>>>
>>> It means we goofed up the import in SVN
>>> Since Cyrille is on vacation I will put the blame on him :-)
>>>
>>> I will also try to correct things on the svn server.
>>> (Although it is not that simple because SVN servers are meant not to
>>> forget anything so I am not sure if I can remove the erroneous
>>> directory)
>>>
>>> nicolas
>>> anyway

>>> --
>>> Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

>> --
>> Dr. Jean-Rémy Falleri
>> http://www.lirmm.fr/~falleri
>> INRIA Lille, RMOD Team

> Nicolas Anquetil        Univ. Lille1 / INRIA-equipe RMod

Re: Verveine-PHP

Alberto Bacchelli
How can I download Verveine-PHP?
How stable is it?

Thanks,
 Alberto

Re: Verveine-PHP

Stéphane Ducasse
so far we are not sure about the license
and I'm not even sure it runs or even exist.

Stef