Very simple package save/load tool

1 message Options

Very simple package save/load tool

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Attached is something that you might find helpful, and it's worth almost everything it cost you.  The class comment briefly describes what it is supposed to do.  Better ideas will be cheerfully stolen.  For now, this seems to be helping me to find methods that I failed to package, avoids the "click several times per package" save process for MC (for which thanks, but it **is** tedious to use), should put an end to forgetting to save packages, and tries to automate loading code into a new image.  On the latter, the thinking is that annoying messages are least annoying when presented early; it tries to grumble about silly stuff sooner rather than later; some of the checks might be excessive and other might be inadequate.

Read the code before deciding whether you want to use it.

Bill

CONFIGURE
=========
Configure it using #homeGrownPackageNames and #me to tell it which packages are intended to hold your work, and how to identify you from the (misnomer!!!) #timeStamp aspects of the compiled methods you produce.

SAVE YOUR WORK
Use #suspectMethodsReport to produce a listing of class>>selector names that might be in danger of being orphaned in your current image.

Use #homeGrownPackgesSaveWithMessage: to save all of the identified home grown packages in the next version and with the common text message.

BUILD A NEW IMAGE
Load GatorLoader into a new image.  It wants underscore_madness.cs, and loads SIXX and other packages of interest to me; you can edit as needed to remove what you do not want to load.  Put your packages in the cache directory for the new image.  Yes, it is fussy about these things, but the idea is to find errors early rather than being stopped after a long wait.  Likewise, if you do not like what #setPreferences does, edit it.

GatorLoader.st (15K) Download Attachment