ViDI Error: glx not supported

Rafael Luque
Hi,

I installed ViDI on Pharo 4 following the project instructions detailed in its GitHub page:

Gofer new
  smalltalkhubUser: 'YuriyTymchuk'
  project: 'Configuration';
  configurationOf: 'Vidi';
  load.
#ConfigurationOfVidi asClass loadStable

When I launch the ViDI option I get the error: "Error: glx not supported".

I'm using Gentoo Linux with NVidia Optimus graphic card, so I use bumblebee to switch to NVidia and launched pharo using optirun command like this:

$ optirun pharo-ui my-image

I get glxspheres64 running successfully using the same procedure.

How can I activate GLX support inside the Pharo image? I noted the option System > Settings > FFI > "Path to OpenGL library (on linux)" however I don't see (or I don't know) how to set this value.

Thank you.

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

Uko2
Hi Rafael,

thank you for your interest in ViDI. I have not used Pharo on Linux, but I hope that soon we will find a solution for this :)

Uko

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 01:41, Rafael Luque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed ViDI on Pharo 4 following the project instructions detailed in its GitHub page:
>
> Gofer new
>   smalltalkhubUser: 'YuriyTymchuk'
>   project: 'Configuration';
>   configurationOf: 'Vidi';
>   load.
> #ConfigurationOfVidi asClass loadStable
>
> When I launch the ViDI option I get the error: "Error: glx not supported".
>
> I'm using Gentoo Linux with NVidia Optimus graphic card, so I use bumblebee to switch to NVidia and launched pharo using optirun command like this:
>
> $ optirun pharo-ui my-image
>
> I get glxspheres64 running successfully using the same procedure.
>
> How can I activate GLX support inside the Pharo image? I noted the option System > Settings > FFI > "Path to OpenGL library (on linux)" however I don't see (or I don't know) how to set this value.
>
> Thank you.

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

kilon.alios
What is Vidi  ? cant find it in smalltalkhub

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rafael,

thank you for your interest in ViDI. I have not used Pharo on Linux, but I hope that soon we will find a solution for this :)

Uko

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 01:41, Rafael Luque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed ViDI on Pharo 4 following the project instructions detailed in its GitHub page:
>
> Gofer new
>   smalltalkhubUser: 'YuriyTymchuk'
>   project: 'Configuration';
>   configurationOf: 'Vidi';
>   load.
> #ConfigurationOfVidi asClass loadStable
>
> When I launch the ViDI option I get the error: "Error: glx not supported".
>
> I'm using Gentoo Linux with NVidia Optimus graphic card, so I use bumblebee to switch to NVidia and launched pharo using optirun command like this:
>
> $ optirun pharo-ui my-image
>
> I get glxspheres64 running successfully using the same procedure.
>
> How can I activate GLX support inside the Pharo image? I noted the option System > Settings > FFI > "Path to OpenGL library (on linux)" however I don't see (or I don't know) how to set this value.
>
> Thank you.

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

Marcus Denker-4

http://vidi.inf.usi.ch

        Marcus

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

Uko2

On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:23, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

What is Vidi  ? cant find it in smalltalkhub

Hi Kilon,

ViDI is a tool I’m developing to review the code. I host it on github: https://github.com/Uko/Vidi/

Uko

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rafael,

thank you for your interest in ViDI. I have not used Pharo on Linux, but I hope that soon we will find a solution for this :)

Uko

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 01:41, Rafael Luque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed ViDI on Pharo 4 following the project instructions detailed in its GitHub page:
>
> Gofer new
>   smalltalkhubUser: 'YuriyTymchuk'
>   project: 'Configuration';
>   configurationOf: 'Vidi';
>   load.
> #ConfigurationOfVidi asClass loadStable
>
> When I launch the ViDI option I get the error: "Error: glx not supported".
>
> I'm using Gentoo Linux with NVidia Optimus graphic card, so I use bumblebee to switch to NVidia and launched pharo using optirun command like this:
>
> $ optirun pharo-ui my-image
>
> I get glxspheres64 running successfully using the same procedure.
>
> How can I activate GLX support inside the Pharo image? I noted the option System > Settings > FFI > "Path to OpenGL library (on linux)" however I don't see (or I don't know) how to set this value.
>
> Thank you.

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

Rafael Luque
Thank you Yuriy.

Which are the supported platforms?

On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:23, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

What is Vidi  ? cant find it in smalltalkhub

Hi Kilon,

ViDI is a tool I’m developing to review the code. I host it on github: https://github.com/Uko/Vidi/

Uko

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rafael,

thank you for your interest in ViDI. I have not used Pharo on Linux, but I hope that soon we will find a solution for this :)

Uko

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 01:41, Rafael Luque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed ViDI on Pharo 4 following the project instructions detailed in its GitHub page:
>
> Gofer new
>   smalltalkhubUser: 'YuriyTymchuk'
>   project: 'Configuration';
>   configurationOf: 'Vidi';
>   load.
> #ConfigurationOfVidi asClass loadStable
>
> When I launch the ViDI option I get the error: "Error: glx not supported".
>
> I'm using Gentoo Linux with NVidia Optimus graphic card, so I use bumblebee to switch to NVidia and launched pharo using optirun command like this:
>
> $ optirun pharo-ui my-image
>
> I get glxspheres64 running successfully using the same procedure.
>
> How can I activate GLX support inside the Pharo image? I noted the option System > Settings > FFI > "Path to OpenGL library (on linux)" however I don't see (or I don't know) how to set this value.
>
> Thank you.

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

kilon.alios
"http://vidi.inf.usi.ch

thanks

"ViDI is a tool I’m developing to review the code. I host it on github: https://github.com/Uko/Vidi/"

great work Yuriy looks very impressive definitely will give it a try. Another toy for my collection and very productive one it seems :)

On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:47, Rafael Luque <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you Yuriy.

Which are the supported platforms?

To be honest I don’t know. I’m using Mac for development. And for 3D visualization I use Roassal3D, though I want to migrate to Woden[1]

Uko

On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:23, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

What is Vidi  ? cant find it in smalltalkhub

Hi Kilon,

ViDI is a tool I’m developing to review the code. I host it on github: https://github.com/Uko/Vidi/

Uko

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rafael,

thank you for your interest in ViDI. I have not used Pharo on Linux, but I hope that soon we will find a solution for this :)

Uko

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 01:41, Rafael Luque <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I installed ViDI on Pharo 4 following the project instructions detailed in its GitHub page:
>
> Gofer new
>   smalltalkhubUser: 'YuriyTymchuk'
>   project: 'Configuration';
>   configurationOf: 'Vidi';
>   load.
> #ConfigurationOfVidi asClass loadStable
>
> When I launch the ViDI option I get the error: "Error: glx not supported".
>
> I'm using Gentoo Linux with NVidia Optimus graphic card, so I use bumblebee to switch to NVidia and launched pharo using optirun command like this:
>
> $ optirun pharo-ui my-image
>
> I get glxspheres64 running successfully using the same procedure.
>
> How can I activate GLX support inside the Pharo image? I noted the option System > Settings > FFI > "Path to OpenGL library (on linux)" however I don't see (or I don't know) how to set this value.
>
> Thank you.

Re: ViDI Error: glx not supported

Uko2

On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:59, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

"http://vidi.inf.usi.ch

thanks

"ViDI is a tool I’m developing to review the code. I host it on github: https://github.com/Uko/Vidi/"

great work Yuriy looks very impressive definitely will give it a try. Another toy for my collection and very productive one it seems :)

Thank you Kilon.

ViDI is still under heavy development, but your feedback is much appreciated :).

Feel free to open bug reports and feature requests at: https://github.com/Uko/Vidi/issues

As you can see, my first beta tester Roberto Minelli discovered a lot of these.

Uko

Uko

On 27 Nov 2014, at 12:07, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

thats one of the great things about github is how easy it is to report issues and problem and engage the developers into discussion without having to detract attention to a mailing list. You can even attach pull requests to issues that offer code for solving these problems. So yes I will be definitely reporting back any issues I have , maybe even send you a few pull requests if the fix is easy for me to do.

Thanks Kilon. And yes, you are right, github in fact provides a lot of features, but out git support is not mature enough. Maybe one day everyone will migrate…

Uko

On 27 Nov 2014, at 17:13, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

Maybe its time for me to make a video tutorial about it and lift the myth that is not dead easy to use git with pharo. Right not it :)

Yes, we definitely need more tutorials. I’ll appreciate git-related video.

Uko