Video capture from Dolphin ST

Sebastián Sastre
Hi there,

 I read here that there where some of you trying to capture video from
Dolphin. Until now and as I understood, the most promising way to
capture video is using DirectShow. I read someone has made some work on
DirectShow. If that could be shared, I like to receive a copy so I
don't have to reinvent wheel or start messing arround.

 My need is to capture video from a usb capture (external) card devices
that I presume, at this point, to be DirectShow compliant. The
application should take pictures and record video (ideally as some nice
mpeg format) from an ordinary video output device, which, in this case,
is a medical device.

  Any help, recomendation, guideline or suggestion are welcomed,

Sebastian

Re: Video capture from Dolphin ST

Bruno Brasesco
Sebastián escribió:

> Hi there,
>
>  I read here that there where some of you trying to capture video from
> Dolphin. Until now and as I understood, the most promising way to
> capture video is using DirectShow. I read someone has made some work on
> DirectShow. If that could be shared, I like to receive a copy so I
> don't have to reinvent wheel or start messing arround.
>
>  My need is to capture video from a usb capture (external) card devices
> that I presume, at this point, to be DirectShow compliant. The
> application should take pictures and record video (ideally as some nice
> mpeg format) from an ordinary video output device, which, in this case,
> is a medical device.
>
>   Any help, recomendation, guideline or suggestion are welcomed,
>
> Sebastian

You can use an ActiveX for this.

I sucesfully use an active x to take pictures from a Labtec cam and
Genius cam. You only have to know how much activex fuctiones do you need.

regards bruno

Re: Video capture from Dolphin ST

Sebastián Sastre
Bruno, wich ActiveX are you using?  can you save video files as mpeg?
can you make basic adjustments like bright, contrast and saturation
with that ActiveX?
Thanks,
Sebastian

Sebastián escribió:
> Bruno, wich ActiveX are you using?  can you save video files as mpeg?
> can you make basic adjustments like bright, contrast and saturation
> with that ActiveX?
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

You have to search on the web.
But:

http://www.vintasoft.com/vstwain-index.html
http://www.fathsoft.com/videocapx.html

regards bruno

Re: Video capture from Dolphin ST

Sebastián Sastre
Thanks Bruno. I'll see wich one fit better. Sebastian