Video registration of Pharo/Moose days

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi,

Diego will take my video camera with him, making it possible to record the
presentations, so we can put them online. He does not want to spend
three days only recording talks though. He would like some volunteers
to record one (or more) sessions each. Any takers?

The idea is to just keep the camera zoomed in on the speaker.
Slides can be separate. Could a tripod be provided locally?
That would be much more comfortable and better for the quality
of the recordings. Will there be enough light on the presenter to
make it worthwhile, or will the room be dark for the beamer?

If the machine with the presentation has ScreenFlow, it would
be possible to merge the video stream with the presentation
and get really slick results. I would be willing to do the editing.

Cheers,
  Stephan

Re: Video registration of Pharo/Moose days

Stephan Eggermont-3
Doru wrote:
>Any volunteers? In any case, I think we can find some on the spot.

Even though we can, I'd prefer it if those being there would take
a look at the program and speak up on which session they would
like to record themselves. That way you can make sure you can
have your full attention to the sessions you need to see (because
when you are recording, you tend to focus on other things than the
story being told).

Camillo wrote:
>I think I will have to use my own machine for the commandline presentation
>(custom terminal font and co..) and I don't have screenflow.

Ah, it works on my machine :)

>Do you think it will work if I do a screen recording using Quicktime?

Yes, Screenflow can import quicktime recordings. Just make sure to
use a sensible format, as both enormous files and bad image quality
are annoying. Synchronisation is no problem. ScreenFlow just allows
after-the-fact highlighting/zooming/panning etc.

Camillo wrote:
>OK will test first to get a decent setup.

That is a good idea (for all presenters). If you can make it into
a 30 second teaser, or even a 6:40/20slide pecha kucha,
we could even publish them already.

Doru: will there be a default presentation machine with screenflow?

Sabine wrote:
>I was planning to record some sessions for my privat use.
>So, I would like to help.
>My cam is a Kodak play sport. If someone has better equipment I can also use
>that.

A multi-cam setup would be great. Being able to switch from question to answer
view helps. That would require one camera to be in front/to the side,
facing the public. I don't know how practical that is with the available room
(and camera zoom).

Stephan