Videoconferencing on tablets

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

With Amber we can write apps for mobile devices too and with tools like
PhoneGap they can be packaged into so called hybrid apps and even put in
App stores. Even more important, such apps can access a device more
directly than usual web app.

And here I have a concrete project, if someone is interested: a web app
for videoconferencing. Primary project goal is to support elderly people
to stay in touch but I think such app can be used much broadly.

So, concretely, how to write an Amber app to access say Skype or similar
videoconferencing stuff on Android tablet? Any idea?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Videoconferencing on tablets

Stefan Krecher-2

Hi,
there's the android scripting framework (asf): an API for several scripting languages to access all features of an android device. A video-conferencing tool should be possible with that API.
Ther is an asf binding for javascript, so it could be used with Amber. The main problem would be to rewrite the Amber IDE to use android ui-components. But once this is done, it would be very easy to develop feature-rich android-apps with Amber/ smalltalk.
regards,
Stefan

--
sent from my android-phone