View Background Transparent

Smalltalkiano-2
Hi all,

        anyone knows how to set a backcolor of a view to a transparent one?

        for example the backcolor of a static text?

        regards

Seb

Re: View Background Transparent

Udo Schneider
>         anyone knows how to set a backcolor of a view to a transparent
one?

>         for example the backcolor of a static text?

Take a look at http://udos.swiki.net/3 . I wrote this package as an
experiment. But it works
fine (as far as I see).

Udo

Udo Schneider wrote:

>>         anyone knows how to set a backcolor of a view to a transparent
> one?
>>
>>         for example the backcolor of a static text?
>
> Take a look at http://udos.swiki.net/3 . I wrote this package as an
> experiment. But it works
> fine (as far as I see).
>
> Udo

Dear Udo,

        this extension you make is for an alpha transparent background. That's
really cool but I wasn't asking that much.

        I only need to set a bitmap as background of a shell wich will have some
static text over it. I don't want to see the backgroung of those staticText
in grey or some color, I do want to see the characters 'flying over the
bitmap'.

best regards,

Seb

Re: View Background Transparent

Udo Schneider
>         this extension you make is for an alpha transparent background.
That's
> really cool but I wasn't asking that much.
>
>         I only need to set a bitmap as background of a shell wich will
have some
> static text over it. I don't want to see the backgroung of those
staticText
> in grey or some color, I do want to see the characters 'flying over the
> bitmap'.

Just as an idea (didn't try it):

Put the bitmap in the background and set the color key properties of the
forground text to be the text background color. Due to the color keying you
should have the bitmap shine through where the text background color was
previously.

Udo