View importing problems, 2.1 -> 4.01

Gunnar Martinsen
I just got Dolphin 4.01 Standard Edition, and try to install packages
created under Version 2.1. When trying to edit the views, some of them
only produce an error when beeing filed in, something like "Array
index out of bound: 18". It happens exactly to those that have some
sort of tab cards, either as a ListPresenter or in a Container.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are there simple solutions?

Best regards,
Gunnar

Re: View importing problems, 2.1 -> 4.01

Ian Bartholomew-6
Gunnar,

> Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are there simple solutions?

Locate the *class* method IconicListAbstract>>stbConvertfromVersion: and
make a small change, indicated below by the asterisks. You should hopefully
be OK then.  If not ask again.

Regards
    Ian

stbConvert: instVarArray fromVersion: verInteger
    "Private - Convert from earlier version <IconicListAbstract> by updating
and
    answering the array of instance variables, instVarArray. "

    | instVars |
    instVars := super stbConvert: instVarArray fromVersion: verInteger.
    verInteger < 10 ifTrue: [instVars := self stbConvertFromVersion9:
instVars "<<****"].
    ^instVars.

Re: View importing problems, 2.1 -> 4.01

Bill Schwab-2
Gunnar,

> I just got Dolphin 4.01 Standard Edition, and try to install packages
> created under Version 2.1. When trying to edit the views, some of them
> only produce an error when beeing filed in, something like "Array
> index out of bound: 18". It happens exactly to those that have some
> sort of tab cards, either as a ListPresenter or in a Container.
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone? Are there simple solutions?

The general theme of old view resources not loading correctly does sound
familar, though not exactly the way you describe.  I have often found that
using the 3.x VC to export a view resource and then importing that into the
4.x VC and saving the in 4.x image will often fix the problem   You could
probably also resave the view and save the package, and then reload the
package into 4.x.  I mention the export/import idea because that's usually
more convenient that uninstalling and installing potentially several
packages just to fix one view resource.

Have a good one,

Bill

--