Virtual Desktops in Polymorph

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

one thing I really miss in the Pharo UI comparing to
Squeak is an equivalent to "Projects". Hey - not that I want
the "Projects" and related code back but I would like to
see something along the lines of "virtual desktops"
allowing you to switch between different desktops/Worlds in
Polymorph using a simple keystroke.

Dont know if others miss that too or hard that would be.
Any comments?

Thx
Torsten

--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Virtual Desktops in Polymorph

Igor Stasenko
On 16 March 2010 10:01, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one thing I really miss in the Pharo UI comparing to
> Squeak is an equivalent to "Projects". Hey - not that I want
> the "Projects" and related code back but I would like to
> see something along the lines of "virtual desktops"
> allowing you to switch between different desktops/Worlds in
> Polymorph using a simple keystroke.
>
> Dont know if others miss that too or hard that would be.
> Any comments?

Run second image? (joking)  :)

> Thx
> Torsten
>

> --
> GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Virtual Desktops in Polymorph

Mariano Martinez Peck
Run RFBServer on a shared image and everybody connects with a VNC client ??

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Igor Stasenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 16 March 2010 10:01, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one thing I really miss in the Pharo UI comparing to
> Squeak is an equivalent to "Projects". Hey - not that I want
> the "Projects" and related code back but I would like to
> see something along the lines of "virtual desktops"
> allowing you to switch between different desktops/Worlds in
> Polymorph using a simple keystroke.
>
> Dont know if others miss that too or hard that would be.
> Any comments?

Run second image? (joking)  :)

> Thx
> Torsten
>

> --
> GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Virtual Desktops in Polymorph

Fernando olivero
Hi Torsten, as part of my phd i'm building a new IDE for Pharo, somehow related to CodeBubbles and SELF.

 It is still in development, but i included the idea of workspaces,  which you called desktops, and in this initial experience, they are useful for organizing and persisting developers tasks.

As soon as i have results and a working prototype i'll release it for the community, and hope to get feedback!

Fernando.