Virtual Pharo sprints

Torsten Bergmann
Since it is hard to be on two places of the world at the same
time (and to save the climate) I could imagine a "virtual sprint"
where people who are close can meet in person (in Buenos Aires,
others in London, others in Berne) but work together online.

One should be able to just tune in using collaborative tools
(webcam, skype, IRC, Nebraska, Cobalt, ...).

Ideally the tools are written in Pharo (In my archive is some working
webcam code) ...

Bye
T.

--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Virtual Pharo sprints

garduino
I also!!!! Very good idea!

2010/3/15  <[hidden email]>:

> I vote strongly for this!
>

> Em 15/03/2010 11:36, Torsten Bergmann < [hidden email] > escreveu:
> Since it is hard to be on two places of the world at the same
> time (and to save the climate) I could imagine a "virtual sprint"
> where people who are close can meet in person (in Buenos Aires,
> others in London, others in Berne) but work together online.
>
> One should be able to just tune in using collaborative tools
> (webcam, skype, IRC, Nebraska, Cobalt, ...).
>
> Ideally the tools are written in Pharo (In my archive is some working
> webcam code) ...
>
> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Virtual Pharo sprints

Stéphane Ducasse
We can organize that :)

Stef

On Mar 15, 2010, at 7:21 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:

> I also!!!! Very good idea!
>

> 2010/3/15  <[hidden email]>:
>> I vote strongly for this!
>>

>> Em 15/03/2010 11:36, Torsten Bergmann < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>> Since it is hard to be on two places of the world at the same
>> time (and to save the climate) I could imagine a "virtual sprint"
>> where people who are close can meet in person (in Buenos Aires,
>> others in London, others in Berne) but work together online.
>>
>> One should be able to just tune in using collaborative tools
>> (webcam, skype, IRC, Nebraska, Cobalt, ...).
>>
>> Ideally the tools are written in Pharo (In my archive is some working
>> webcam code) ...
>>
>> Bye
>> T.
>>

>> --
>> GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
>> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Virtual Pharo sprints

Henrik Sperre Johansen
  So, the one on Friday (for which I can't seem to find the announcing
thread anymore), how do we plan to hook up? ;)

Cheers,
Henry

On 16.03.2010 15:54, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> We can organize that :)
>
> Stef
>
> On Mar 15, 2010, at 7:21 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
>
>> I also!!!! Very good idea!
>>

>> 2010/3/15<[hidden email]>:
>>> I vote strongly for this!
>>>

>>> Em 15/03/2010 11:36, Torsten Bergmann<  [hidden email]>  escreveu:
>>> Since it is hard to be on two places of the world at the same
>>> time (and to save the climate) I could imagine a "virtual sprint"
>>> where people who are close can meet in person (in Buenos Aires,
>>> others in London, others in Berne) but work together online.
>>>
>>> One should be able to just tune in using collaborative tools
>>> (webcam, skype, IRC, Nebraska, Cobalt, ...).
>>>
>>> Ideally the tools are written in Pharo (In my archive is some working
>>> webcam code) ...
>>>
>>> Bye
>>> T.
>>>

>>> --
>>> GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
>>> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Virtual Pharo sprints

Stéphane Ducasse
tell us how what would help you?
I thought about logging on the irc channel and mentioning who is fixing what.
We will start from around 13h.

Stef

  On 28.04.2010 21:11, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> tell us how what would help you?
> I thought about logging on the irc channel and mentioning who is fixing what.
> We will start from around 13h.
>
> Stef
I won't be available that early, I'm afraid :(
I'll join after work though.

Thought mostly of the possibility of online pair programming, and in
that regard what software would need to be installed up front.
If it's more of an "here's a list of issues in prioritized order, go
fix" event, I'm ok with that :)

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Virtual Pharo sprints

Stéphane Ducasse

On Apr 28, 2010, at 11:29 PM, Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote:

> On 28.04.2010 21:11, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> tell us how what would help you?
>> I thought about logging on the irc channel and mentioning who is fixing what.
>> We will start from around 13h.
>>
>> Stef
> I won't be available that early, I'm afraid :(
> I'll join after work though.
>
> Thought mostly of the possibility of online pair programming, and in that regard what software would need to be installed up front.
> If it's more of an "here's a list of issues in prioritized order, go fix" event, I'm ok with that :)

ok ok
I see the message
I will do a pass on the items this evening :)