VisualAge Smalltalk 5.0

bhuntsman
Hi there!
   I have an old piece of software I wanted to take a poke at, but it requires VisualAge Smalltalk 5.0.  Anyone here remember, was 5.0 offered in a trial version like 6.0 on up have been?  If so, does anyone here have an archived copy of 5.0 around?

Many thanks!

-Ben

Re: VisualAge Smalltalk 5.0

Dusty-2
Hi

You should be able to put the old piece of software into the latest VisualAge.
I've recently taken a VAST5.5 app and moved it into 8.5.2 with very little hassel.
VisualAge boasts its complete backward compatibility right back to, what? version 3?

KR
Dusty

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 2:38 AM, Benjamin Huntsman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there!
   I have an old piece of software I wanted to take a poke at, but it requires VisualAge Smalltalk 5.0.  Anyone here remember, was 5.0 offered in a trial version like 6.0 on up have been?  If so, does anyone here have an archived copy of 5.0 around?

Many thanks!

-Ben

RE: VisualAge Smalltalk 5.0

bhuntsman
You would think, but the installer for the other software checks for the presence of VAST 5.0 before installation can proceed.
I did fake it out by adding a dummy registry key, and manually imported all the configuration maps.  Unfortunately, they fail to load and there's no source.  5.0's my only option, unless I'm really missing something...

Thanks!

-Ben

Re: VisualAge Smalltalk 5.0

John O'Keefe-3
Ben -

I have an .ISO for V5.0 Evaluation if that would help you (it comes with no guarantees and no support, but I did burn it from a real CD this morning). Since I already have your email address, just tell me that you would like the .ISO and I'll get it to you.

John