Visualisation graphics a la Matlab in Dolphin

Visualisation graphics a la Matlab in Dolphin

Dan-2
Hi Dolphin Smalltalkers

What do you guys use for plotting mathematical results. Are there any
charting controls build into Dolphin, or do you have to roll your own.

I am asking because I heard object arts have done a trading app, and
those kind of apps often need fancy charts.

As for me - we use VSE where I work, and a bit of Matlab. Matlab stinks
(try delivering a Matlab app to an end user, and you will understand),
but its graphics are quite useful.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Re: Visualisation graphics a la Matlab in Dolphin

Fernando Rodríguez
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:37:54 +0000, dan <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Hi Dolphin Smalltalkers
>
>What do you guys use for plotting mathematical results. Are there any
>charting controls build into Dolphin, or do you have to roll your own.
>
>I am asking because I heard object arts have done a trading app, and
>those kind of apps often need fancy charts.

They used this activex control:
http://www.steema.com/

wrote:

>As for me - we use VSE where I work, and a bit of Matlab. Matlab stinks

VSE? O:-)

Re: Visualisation graphics a la Matlab in Dolphin

Janos Kazsoki
Fernando,

as far as I know VSE is Visual Smalltalk Enterprise, a beautiful
Smalltalk from Palo Alto...

Cincom has now VisualWorks as a successor of it.

Regards,
Janos

Re: Visualisation graphics a la Matlab in Dolphin

Dan-2
>>As for me - we use VSE where I work, and a bit of Matlab. Matlab stinks
>
> VSE? O:-)

Yes VSE, and proud of it ;-)