Vocabulary: common designator for Namespace and Package?

Vocabulary: common designator for Namespace and Package?

Simon Denier-3
Hi

I'm looking for a good name which covers both package and namespace concepts. 'ScopingEntity' sounds a bit too verbose.

The reason is that today, we have queries like clientClassesOutOfMyPackage, clientClassesOutOfMyNamespace. There are strong similarities between such queries so that it can actually be written once and reused multiple times. Tomorrow, I want such queries to be defined in a trait and injected in both FamixPackage and FamixNamespace. But, I want a single good name to name both Namespace and Package. Container?

--
 Simon

Re: Vocabulary: common designator for Namespace and Package?

Alexandre Bergel
> I'm looking for a good name which covers both package and namespace concepts. 'ScopingEntity' sounds a bit too verbose.
>
> The reason is that today, we have queries like clientClassesOutOfMyPackage, clientClassesOutOfMyNamespace. There are strong similarities between such queries so that it can actually be written once and reused multiple times. Tomorrow, I want such queries to be defined in a trait and injected in both FamixPackage and FamixNamespace. But, I want a single good name to name both Namespace and Package. Container?

I thought about "Container" before reaching the end of your email

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Vocabulary: common designator for Namespace and Package?

Tudor Girba
Container exists already, so that is not good.

How about Scoper? :)

Doru

On 19 Aug 2010, at 16:23, Simon Denier wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a good name which covers both package and namespace
> concepts. 'ScopingEntity' sounds a bit too verbose.
>
> The reason is that today, we have queries like
> clientClassesOutOfMyPackage, clientClassesOutOfMyNamespace. There
> are strong similarities between such queries so that it can actually
> be written once and reused multiple times. Tomorrow, I want such
> queries to be defined in a trait and injected in both FamixPackage
> and FamixNamespace. But, I want a single good name to name both
> Namespace and Package. Container?
>

> --
> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

On 19 août 2010, at 16:34, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Container exists already, so that is not good.

How about Module? But it has other implications...

> How about Scoper? :)

ergh :) well, perhaps it will win by default.