Voyage Timeout

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

When I configure a production image with command st handler as following:

pharo myImage st --save --quit configureMyImage.st

I notice at image start up, a Socket timeout error.

In the configureMyImage.st script, among other things, I open a
singleton Voyage repository. I added a 5s delay at the end of this
script, just wondering if image was shutdown before Voyage establishes
connection with the Mongo DB, but no.

Any incompatibility issues to be aware of between st command handler
(particularly the --save part) and Voyage repository?

Thanks,
Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

PharoDebug.log (9K) Download Attachment

Re: Voyage Timeout

HilaireFernandes
If I open manualy this image execute the configureMyImage.st code from a
playground, then save the image, I don't have a Voyage time error at
start up.

Are there non friendly interaction between voyage/socket and st command
handler?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Voyage Timeout

Sabine Manaa
Hi Hilaire,

I also use a command line handler for start in a new image with voyage . I start it like this on windows:

.\...\Pharo5.0.image --no-default-preferences eval --save " MCRepositoryGroup default addRepository: (MCHttpRepository location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Sabine/RKA24/main'  user: 'Sabine'  password: 'xxx').Metacello new smalltalkhubUser: 'Sabine' project: 'RKA24'; configuration: 'RKA24'; version: #development; load".

Are you sure that the code in the file is executed? I had similar problems and asked in slack. Unfortunately the discussion is gone. It came out that some combinations of file configuration and command line commands do not work. I currently don't remember which (save?) but perhaps this brings you to an idea.

Regards
Sabine

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

http://forum.world.st/Voyage-Timeout-tp4939672p4939873.html
To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
NAML

Re: Voyage Timeout

HilaireFernandes
Hi Sabine,

Thanks to share your experience.

My process is in 3 folds:

1. I build from bash and smalltalk scripts an application archive for
deployment, as I do for Dr.Geo (with configured image, VM, bootstart
data and bash scripts)

2. On the target host, the archive is deployed (unarchived), then bash
script launches the image for application installation (Mongo repo build
up and filled with data). The image is not saved.

3. The image is launched again with a configured smalltalk script, then
saved at the end. It should result in image to run the application,
hopefully for multiple running instance with load balancing (not there yet).

The 3. does not get well. As you suggested from your response, I will
try to use the 'eval' command handler instead of the 'st' command
handler and see how it goes.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Voyage Timeout

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hilaire

you should think to move to Pharo 50. We closed around 1500 issues between
pharo 40 and pharo 50 and the same amount between pharo 50 and pharo 60.
Pharo 50 is really stable and working well
Stef

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Voyage Timeout

HilaireFernandes
Indeed. It was just I was in the middle of something.