Voyage and duplicated entry

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Voyage and duplicated entry – Hi, I have strange behavior when saving object: when I edit then save, I got a duplicated entry in the repository collection. Some descrip...
Hi Hilaire, did you do VORepository current reset in the meantime? If yes, this could be the reason. If you do this, the smalltalk cache of...
Hi Sabine, Norbert, It is nice to have feedbacks from other Voyagers ;) Thanks about the notice regarding reset on the repository. It may h...
Situation looks a bit clearer. The duplicated object entries issue arises with two concomitant situations: - the object reimplements hash and ...
Hilaire Sounds like this has nothing to do with voyage. If you modify part of on object's unique identifier, it's another object. The best you ...
Understood. My use/understanding of hash and =, true in DrGeo, was more like unique identifier regarding its ontological characteristics (what d...
The more I think the more it seems wrong to me. Whenever you ask an instance to save itself, if already in repo it should not duplicate itself w...
Hilaire, as soon as the hash of an object changes because you change an attribute that is used in the hash function, the object is not identi...
> Am 06.03.2017 um 18:10 schrieb jtuchel@...: > > Hilaire, > > as soon as the hash of an object changes because you change ...
Hilaire, I think you are right and I wonder why we didn't change it, yet. I can remember talking with Esteban about it. The culprit is that in ...
What about a simple test? Load one of those objects anad assign it to a variable. Then change one of ist values and check if the one you have...