Voyage

12

Voyage

horrido
I'm trying to load Voyage for MongoDB and I'm having great difficulty. The
docs seem to be out of date.

What are the current instructions for doing this?

The docs also refer to "Configurations Browser" in World Menu/Tools, but
there is no longer any such thing.

Re: Voyage

CyrilFerlicot
Le 16/11/2018 à 02:02, horrido a écrit :
> I'm trying to load Voyage for MongoDB and I'm having great difficulty. The
> docs seem to be out of date.
>
> What are the current instructions for doing this?
>
> The docs also refer to "Configurations Browser" in World Menu/Tools, but
> there is no longer any such thing.

Hi,

Voyage-Mongo

Metacello new
    repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
    baseline: 'Voyage';
    onConflictUseIncoming;
    load: 'mongo tests'.

Voyage-UnQLite

Metacello new
    repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
    baseline: 'Voyage';
    onConflictUseIncoming;
    load: 'unqlite tests'.

Voyage-Memory

Metacello new
    repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
    baseline: 'Voyage';
    onConflictUseIncoming;
    load: 'memory tests'.

Should work.

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Voyage

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 16 Nov 2018, at 02:02, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The docs also refer to "Configurations Browser" in World Menu/Tools, but

It is called Catalog (name change happened long ago).

World Menu > Tools > Catalog Browser = "Pharo Project Catalog"

Re: Voyage

Tim Mackinnon
Wasn’t someone looking at enhancements to pillar and it’s publishing environment (I forget it’s name) - this is a great usecase, generating menu names for docs (and other similar constants) so that name changes can be accommodated automatically... a thought anyway.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 Nov 2018, at 17:47, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 16 Nov 2018, at 02:02, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The docs also refer to "Configurations Browser" in World Menu/Tools, but
>
> It is called Catalog (name change happened long ago).
>
> World Menu > Tools > Catalog Browser = "Pharo Project Catalog"

Re: Voyage

Sanjay Minni
I am unable to load Voyage-Mongo and Voyage-Memory in  Pharo 7.0.0rC1

tried using the scipt below and also thru the Catalog Browser entries for
Voyage
any pointers

CyrilFerlicot wrote

> Le 16/11/2018 à 02:02, horrido a écrit :
>> I'm trying to load Voyage for MongoDB and I'm having great difficulty.
>> The
>> docs seem to be out of date.
>>
>> What are the current instructions for doing this?
>>
>> The docs also refer to "Configurations Browser" in World Menu/Tools, but
>> there is no longer any such thing.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Voyage-Mongo
>
> Metacello new
>     repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
>     baseline: 'Voyage';
>     onConflictUseIncoming;
>     load: 'mongo tests'.
>
> Voyage-UnQLite
>
> Metacello new
>     repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
>     baseline: 'Voyage';
>     onConflictUseIncoming;
>     load: 'unqlite tests'.
>
> Voyage-Memory
>
> Metacello new
>     repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
>     baseline: 'Voyage';
>     onConflictUseIncoming;
>     load: 'memory tests'.
>
> Should work.
>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>

> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>

> signature.asc (836 bytes)
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/5088985/0/signature.asc&gt;

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Voyage

EstebanLM
There is indeed a problem because cryptography package is still using an old API: #ifNotNilDo: that does not exists anymore in Pharo.
You are probably seen something like this:

(And this is a bug)
Anyway, while we fix this, you can replace #ifNotNilDo: for #ifNotNil:, then save and select “proceed”.

That will allow voyage to load properly.

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2 Dec 2018, at 12:39, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am unable to load Voyage-Mongo and Voyage-Memory in  Pharo 7.0.0rC1

tried using the scipt below and also thru the Catalog Browser entries for
Voyage
any pointers

CyrilFerlicot wrote
Le 16/11/2018 à 02:02, horrido a écrit :
I'm trying to load Voyage for MongoDB and I'm having great difficulty.
The
docs seem to be out of date.

What are the current instructions for doing this?

The docs also refer to "Configurations Browser" in World Menu/Tools, but
there is no longer any such thing.

Hi,

Voyage-Mongo

Metacello new
   repository: '<a href="github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc" class="">github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';

On Sun 2 Dec 2018 at 15:08, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is indeed a problem because cryptography package is still using an old API: #ifNotNilDo: that does not exists anymore in Pharo.
You are probably seen something like this:

I looked at it last time and the problem is that one of the dependency hosted on StHub still depends on the StHub version of Cryptography.

But not many people can write on this project I think.

(And this is a bug)
Anyway, while we fix this, you can replace #ifNotNilDo: for #ifNotNil:, then save and select “proceed”.

That will allow voyage to load properly.

Cheers,
Esteban

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Voyage

EstebanLM
There was a cryptography version on GitHub, isn’t?

On 2 Dec 2018, at 15:31, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun 2 Dec 2018 at 15:08, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is indeed a problem because cryptography package is still using an old API: #ifNotNilDo: that does not exists anymore in Pharo.
You are probably seen something like this:

<Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 15.02.19.png>

I looked at it last time and the problem is that one of the dependency hosted on StHub still depends on the StHub version of Cryptography.

But not many people can write on this project I think.

(And this is a bug)
Anyway, while we fix this, you can replace #ifNotNilDo: for #ifNotNil:, then save and select “proceed”.

That will allow voyage to load properly.

Cheers,
Esteban

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Voyage

CyrilFerlicot

On Sun 2 Dec 2018 at 15:38, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
There was a cryptography version on GitHub, isn’t?

Yes, but we need someone with the rights to write on PBKDF2 on StHub, or migrate it in github aswell to fix the issue.

[...]

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

https://ferlicot.fr

https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Voyage

CyrilFerlicot

On Sun 2 Dec 2018 at 18:49, Norbert Hartl via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought I did it already. Cannot check now, I don‘t have a computer right now.

IIRC it is not directly in voyage but in MongoTalk

[...]

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Voyage

Sanjay Minni
Hi Esteban,

I get a Debug Popup as per below - how do I debug from here

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageIcebergLoadErr01.jpg>

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadError01.jpg>

EstebanLM wrote

> There is indeed a problem because cryptography package is still using an
> old API: #ifNotNilDo: that does not exists anymore in Pharo.
> You are probably seen something like this:
>

> (And this is a bug)
> Anyway, while we fix this, you can replace #ifNotNilDo: for #ifNotNil:,
> then save and select “proceed”.
>
> That will allow voyage to load properly.
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban
>

>> On 2 Dec 2018, at 12:39, Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> I am unable to load Voyage-Mongo and Voyage-Memory in  Pharo 7.0.0rC1
>>
>> tried using the scipt below and also thru the Catalog Browser entries for
>> Voyage
>> any pointers
>>

>> CyrilFerlicot wrote

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Voyage-Mongo
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>    repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
>>>    baseline: 'Voyage';
>>>    onConflictUseIncoming;
>>>    load: 'mongo tests'.
>>>
>>> Voyage-UnQLite
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>    repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
>>>    baseline: 'Voyage';
>>>    onConflictUseIncoming;
>>>    load: 'unqlite tests'.
>>>
>>> Voyage-Memory
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>    repository: 'github://pharo-nosql/voyage/mc';
>>>    baseline: 'Voyage';
>>>    onConflictUseIncoming;
>>>    load: 'memory tests'.
>>>
>>> Should work.

>>> --
>>> Cyril Ferlicot
>>> https://ferlicot.fr
>>>

>>> signature.asc (836 bytes)
>>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/5088985/0/signature.asc&gt;
>>

>> -----
>> cheers,
>> Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html
>>

> Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 15.02.19.png (165K)
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/5090021/0/Screenshot%202018-12-02%20at%2015.02.19.png&gt;

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Voyage

Ben Coman

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 00:25, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Esteban,

I get a Debug Popup as per below - how do I debug from here

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageIcebergLoadErr01.jpg>

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadError01.jpg>

Is this on Windows?
It could be that long path names continue to bite.
Could you try a hack... go in on the command line and shorten the directory names after "source" ?

cheers -ben

EstebanLM wrote

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 4:46 PM Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So we just need to change the dependency. Cool :)

In fact the dependency was already changed by Norbert! The problem is
that we need a new release of mongotalk and to update the release used
by Voyage :)
So I cannot help here since I'm not part of pharo-nosql.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Voyage

Sanjay Minni
Hi Ben,

how to go about the hack ?

it seems the file being looked for is this(from the github Cryptography
repository)
<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/CryptographyLoadErr.jpg>

but this is not copied in ...\pharo-local\...\sources\...
<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/CryptographyFilesInSource.jpg>

also
Voyage loading thru playground ultimately terminates as per screen below (is
this an expected behaviour) ?
<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadTermination.jpg>

Ben Coman wrote
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 00:25, Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi Esteban,
>>
>> I get a Debug Popup as per below - how do I debug from here
>>
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageIcebergLoadErr01.jpg&gt;
>>
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadError01.jpg&gt;
>>

> Is this on Windows?
> It could be that long path names continue to bite.
> Could you try a hack... go in on the command line and shorten the
> directory
> names after "source" ?
>
> cheers -ben
>
> [... snip ...]

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Voyage

Ben Coman

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 00:26, Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ben,

how to go about the hack ?

it seems the file being looked for is this(from the github Cryptography
repository)
<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/CryptographyLoadErr.jpg
but this is not copied in ...\pharo-local\...\sources\...
<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/CryptographyFilesInSource.jpg>

Try manually downloading that file and put it in place named something short like e.g. "xx.st"
 I'm not certain that will work, but worth a try.

Alternatively, install pharo in a short root folder "C:\x" to give it filenames plenty of headroom.
Note, this might not be your problem, but should help scope it out.

also
Voyage loading thru playground ultimately terminates as per screen below (is
this an expected behaviour) ?
<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadTermination.jpg

 I'm  not familiar with that.

cheers -ben

Ben Coman wrote
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 00:25, Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi Esteban,
>>
>> I get a Debug Popup as per below - how do I debug from here
>>
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageIcebergLoadErr01.jpg&gt;
>>
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadError01.jpg&gt;
>>

> Is this on Windows?
> It could be that long path names continue to bite.
> Could you try a hack... go in on the command line and shorten the
> directory
> names after "source" ?
>
> cheers -ben
>
> [... snip ...]

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Voyage

Sanjay Minni
I can download the file and shorten the name but the issue is it seems that
the process stops and remaining files and not downloaded, how to get around
that ?

to elaborate - only the first 7 files of this folder is copied/downloaded
into pharo-local/...

https://github.com/pharo-contributions/Cryptography/tree/master/source/Cryptography-MSCerts.package/Win32FFICertificateStore.class/instance

Ben Coman wrote
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 00:26, Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> how to go about the hack ?
>>
>> it seems the file being looked for is this(from the github Cryptography
>> repository)
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/CryptographyLoadErr.jpg&gt;
>>
> but this is not copied in ...\pharo-local\...\sources\...
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/CryptographyFilesInSource.jpg&gt;
>>

> Try manually downloading that file and put it in place named something
> short like e.g. "xx.st"
>  I'm not certain that will work, but worth a try.
>
> Alternatively, install pharo in a short root folder "C:\x" to give it
> filenames plenty of headroom.
> Note, this might not be your problem, but should help scope it out.
>

>> also
>> Voyage loading thru playground ultimately terminates as per screen below
>> (is
>> this an expected behaviour) ?
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/VoyageLoadTermination.jpg&gt;
>>

>  I'm  not familiar with that.
>
> cheers -ben
>

>> Ben Coman wrote
>> > On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 00:25, Sanjay Minni &lt;
>>
>> > sm@

>> > Is this on Windows?
>> > It could be that long path names continue to bite.
>> > Could you try a hack... go in on the command line and shorten the
>> > directory
>> > names after "source" ?
>> >
>> > cheers -ben
>> >
>> > [... snip ...]
>>

>> -----
>> cheers,
>> Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Voyage

Ben Coman
Second thing to try, is copy the VM and Image
into a short path location e.g.... C:\pharo
Then try your Pharo actions again.

As backup, you might use these...
http://files.pharo.org/get-files/70/pharo-win-stable.zip

cheers -ben