VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Uko2
Hi,

when I load VoyageMongo in Pharo 4, it loads MagritteGlamourForPharo40 which loads Magritte3 which loads MagritteGlamourForPharo40 which needs GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308 from http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main and it is not there.

Any clues?
Uko

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

CyrilFerlicot
Le 23/08/2015 10:08, Yuriy Tymchuk a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> when I load VoyageMongo in Pharo 4, it loads MagritteGlamourForPharo40
> which loads Magritte3 which loads MagritteGlamourForPharo40 which
> needs GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308
> from http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Moose/Glamour/main and it is not there.
>
> Any clues?
> Uko

Same with Pillar:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pillar/PHARO=40,VERSION=stable,VM=vm/1181/console

--
Cheers
Cyril

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Uko2 wrote
Maybe I cannot debug metacello correctly :) but this is what I’ve managed to come up with. Also there was no issue with loading it 2 days ago.
I probably broke it by trying to get the Magritte GT integration enhancements in Pharo 4.0. The baseline of Magritte is broken into several methods, making it prohibitive to create a new baseline, so I broke the cardinal rule and changed an existing baseline. I'll take a look this morning. But immediately, I can say that nobody should load MagritteGlamourForPharo40 directly. It is a way that Magritte uses internally to load a few enhancements to Glamour and GT required for Pharo 4.0.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
I'll take a look this morning
BTW how do I reproduce the error?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
MagritteGlamourForPharo40 should ideally not
depend on GT-Inspector
It's purpose is to depend on GT-Inspector :) It's a hack to get a few enhancements loadable in Pharo 4.0. It seemed like I had to do it this way because IIUC Glamour has declared subsequent versions with fixes for Pharo 5.0, but there are no #pharo40 and #pharo50 blocks in the config - only #common. If I am wrong, I'd much rather to it the proper way. Please advise...

BTW this should be fixed. Let me know if it works.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Uko2
Well, you can do

Metacello new
        baseline: #RenrakuServer;
        repository: 'github://Uko/Renraku-Server:v1.3.0';
        load

It depends on VoyageMongo.

Uko

> On 23 Aug 2015, at 18:11, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> I'll take a look this morning
>
> BTW how do I reproduce the error?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Uko2
Yes, it works, thanks!

> On 23 Aug 2015, at 18:26, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Tudor Girba-2 wrote
>> MagritteGlamourForPharo40 should ideally not
>> depend on GT-Inspector
>
> It's purpose is to depend on GT-Inspector :) It's a hack to get a few
> enhancements loadable in Pharo 4.0. It seemed like I had to do it this way
> because IIUC Glamour has declared subsequent versions with fixes for Pharo
> 5.0, but there are no #pharo40 and #pharo50 blocks in the config - only
> #common. If I am wrong, I'd much rather to it the proper way. Please
> advise...
>
> BTW this should be fixed. Let me know if it works.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Tudor Girba-2
Then the name is misleading :)

The dependency to Glamour should go through the #stable version. This is the one that gets maintained. The blocks inside versions are meant for describing variations between environment versions, but I do not want to go there.

Doru

Tudor Girba-2 wrote

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
The dependency to Glamour should go through the #stable version
Yes, ideally. But stable doesn't contain the fixes I want, and given that the Moose configs have no platform blocks, I assumed that Pharo 5.0-only code would be committed preventing loading in Pharo 4.0. Again, if I'm mistaken about any of that, I'd much rather do what you suggested.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: VoyageMongo "Could not resolve: GT-Inspector [GT-Inspector-SeanDeNigris.308]"

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 24-08-15 00:11, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Tudor Girba-2 wrote
>> The dependency to Glamour should go through the #stable version
>
> Yes, ideally. But stable doesn't contain the fixes I want, and given that
> the Moose configs have no platform blocks, I assumed that Pharo 5.0-only
> code would be committed preventing loading in Pharo 4.0. Again, if I'm
> mistaken about any of that, I'd much rather do what you suggested.

Yes, you'll need either a separate configuration, #pharo4stablerelease
or platform blocks. Platform blocks are most maintainable.

Stephan