WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Gerhard Obermann
Hi!

I am currently trying to use JQuery Mobile (Alpha) with Seaside 3.0.

The problem is that this lib catches all anchor clicks and
performs ajax calls to get a new page, which is a fully render xhmtl page.

The WAActionCallback doesn't currently allow such ajax callbacks.
They are blocked with this method:

isEnabledFor: aRequestContext
" ^true"
^aRequestContext request isXmlHttpRequest not

What would be a good solution to enable such callbacks also for AJAX calls.

Cheers
Gerhard

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Lukas Renggli
You have to patch the request header 'X-Requested-With' as this is for
example done in the Ajaxifier library.

Lukas

On 26 October 2010 23:30, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
> I am currently trying to use JQuery Mobile (Alpha) with Seaside 3.0.
> The problem is that this lib catches all anchor clicks and
> performs ajax calls to get a new page, which is a fully render xhmtl page.
> The WAActionCallback doesn't currently allow such ajax callbacks.
> They are blocked with this method:
> isEnabledFor: aRequestContext
> " ^true"
> ^aRequestContext request isXmlHttpRequest not
> What would be a good solution to enable such callbacks also for AJAX calls.
>
> Cheers
> Gerhard

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Gerhard Obermann
Yes but do i have to patch the library!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
You have to patch the request header 'X-Requested-With' as this is for
example done in the Ajaxifier library.

Lukas

On 26 October 2010 23:30, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am currently trying to use JQuery Mobile (Alpha) with Seaside 3.0.
> The problem is that this lib catches all anchor clicks and
> performs ajax calls to get a new page, which is a fully render xhmtl page.
> The WAActionCallback doesn't currently allow such ajax callbacks.
> They are blocked with this method:
> isEnabledFor: aRequestContext
> " ^true"
> ^aRequestContext request isXmlHttpRequest not
> What would be a good solution to enable such callbacks also for AJAX calls.
>
> Cheers
> Gerhard

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Gerhard Obermann
Or could this not be a preference?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes but do i have to patch the library!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
You have to patch the request header 'X-Requested-With' as this is for
example done in the Ajaxifier library.

Lukas

On 26 October 2010 23:30, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am currently trying to use JQuery Mobile (Alpha) with Seaside 3.0.
> The problem is that this lib catches all anchor clicks and
> performs ajax calls to get a new page, which is a fully render xhmtl page.
> The WAActionCallback doesn't currently allow such ajax callbacks.
> They are blocked with this method:
> isEnabledFor: aRequestContext
> " ^true"
> ^aRequestContext request isXmlHttpRequest not
> What would be a good solution to enable such callbacks also for AJAX calls.
>
> Cheers
> Gerhard

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Lukas Renggli
No, there is no need to patch anything, you just configure how jQuery
should do its requests. For example in my jQuery Mobile support code I
have the following snippet:

$(function () {
        $("html").ajaxSend(function(event, xhr) {
                xhr.setRequestHeader("X-Requested-With", "jQueryMobile");
        });
});

Something like that is necessary for both the Ajaxifier and the jQuery
Mobile library, because (most of the time) they do full requests
through the AJAX infrastructure. A preference doesn't cut it, because
sometimes you still want to do traditional AJAX request.

Lukas

On 26 October 2010 23:48, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Or could this not be a preference?
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes but do i have to patch the library!
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You have to patch the request header 'X-Requested-With' as this is for
>>> example done in the Ajaxifier library.
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Gerhard Obermann
Thanks Lukas, Its working now.

I am still not sure if this is a good solution.

Cheers
Gerhard

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
You have to patch the request header 'X-Requested-With' as this is for
example done in the Ajaxifier library.

Lukas

On 26 October 2010 23:30, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am currently trying to use JQuery Mobile (Alpha) with Seaside 3.0.
> The problem is that this lib catches all anchor clicks and
> performs ajax calls to get a new page, which is a fully render xhmtl page.
> The WAActionCallback doesn't currently allow such ajax callbacks.
> They are blocked with this method:
> isEnabledFor: aRequestContext
> " ^true"
> ^aRequestContext request isXmlHttpRequest not
> What would be a good solution to enable such callbacks also for AJAX calls.
>
> Cheers
> Gerhard

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Gerhard Obermann
Does that mean that there is already a JQuery Mobile support for Seaside?

Gerhard

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, there is no need to patch anything, you just configure how jQuery
should do its requests. For example in my jQuery Mobile support code I
have the following snippet:

$(function () {
       $("html").ajaxSend(function(event, xhr) {
               xhr.setRequestHeader("X-Requested-With", "jQueryMobile");
       });
});

Something like that is necessary for both the Ajaxifier and the jQuery
Mobile library, because (most of the time) they do full requests
through the AJAX infrastructure. A preference doesn't cut it, because
sometimes you still want to do traditional AJAX request.

Lukas

On 26 October 2010 23:48, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Or could this not be a preference?
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Gerhard Obermann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes but do i have to patch the library!
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You have to patch the request header 'X-Requested-With' as this is for
>>> example done in the Ajaxifier library.
>>>
>>> Lukas

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAActionCallback not enabled for AJAX

Lukas Renggli
Yes, not really complete though. That's why I didn't publish yet.

Lukas

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch