WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Philippe Marschall
Hi

As part of fixing Issue 820 [1] I have to change some configurations.
I though that if I do

WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches

all the configuration caches should be cleared. However that is not
what is happening. #preferenceAt: in WAApplication instances still
return the old value.

 [1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=820

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As part of fixing Issue 820 [1] I have to change some configurations.
> I though that if I do
>
> WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches
>
> all the configuration caches should be cleared. However that is not
> what is happening. #preferenceAt: in WAApplication instances still
> return the old value.

A good example of this is trying to remove the development toolbar.
The following should work:

WAAdmin applicationDefaults
    removeParent: WADevelopmentConfiguration instance.
WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches

but it doesn't. What you have to do in addition is open the
configuration (/config) interface on any application and click
"Configure" on "Root Decoration Classes" (without accepting or
changing anything). Then suddenly this single configuration cache is
flushed.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Philippe Marschall
On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As part of fixing Issue 820 [1] I have to change some configurations.
> I though that if I do
>
> WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches
>
> all the configuration caches should be cleared. However that is not
> what is happening. #preferenceAt: in WAApplication instances still
> return the old value.

*bump*

I see three possible ways forward:
 1. exclude Issue 820 from 3.2 and postpone it to 3.3
 2. include Issue 820 as is in 3.2 and require everybody to to
reregister their request handlers
 3. delay 3.2 until somebody fixes the issue

Opinions? I am split between 1 and 2, mostly because I don't know how
big of a headache the current situation is on GemStone/S.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Johan Brichau-2
I will take a look tomorrow if I can find anything.
It has annoyed me frequently too but I got used to "bike around it" :)

I have a couple of other loose ends to fix before I would release 3.2 (ie jquery) but it will not be long.

I have defined 3.1.2 in the meantime but mind we have the failing WABrowser test.

Johan

Sent from my iPad (oh yes, still waiting for my new laptop)

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I will take a look tomorrow if I can find anything.
> It has annoyed me frequently too but I got used to "bike around it" :)
>
> I have a couple of other loose ends to fix before I would release 3.2 (ie jquery) but it will not be long.
>
> I have defined 3.1.2 in the meantime but mind we have the failing WABrowser test.

Just committed something that hopefully fixes this.

On 02 Sep 2014, at 08:22, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I will take a look tomorrow if I can find anything.
>> It has annoyed me frequently too but I got used to "bike around it" :)
>>
>> I have a couple of other loose ends to fix before I would release 3.2 (ie jquery) but it will not be long.
>>
>> I have defined 3.1.2 in the meantime but mind we have the failing WABrowser test.
>
> Just committed something that hopefully fixes this.

Trying to catch up… which change was that?

I got a bit entrenched in Gemstone-specific issues when doing the 3.1.3 port (actually GsDevKit transition issues), which is where I spent my time on…

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 02 Sep 2014, at 08:22, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I will take a look tomorrow if I can find anything.
>>> It has annoyed me frequently too but I got used to "bike around it" :)
>>>
>>> I have a couple of other loose ends to fix before I would release 3.2 (ie jquery) but it will not be long.
>>>
>>> I have defined 3.1.2 in the meantime but mind we have the failing WABrowser test.
>>
>> Just committed something that hopefully fixes this.
>
> Trying to catch up… which change was that?

Seaside-Pharo-Development-pmm.84: Make WANautilusBrowser >>
#contents:notifying: answer a boolean.

But that still didn't make it work, so a few days later I fixed
(Seaside-Pharo-Development-pmm.85):
 - AllProtocol defaultName answers something funny in Pharo 2.0 so don't use it
 - aClass organization categories contains the all category only in
Pharo 3.0+ so add it if it's not there
 - ProtocolOrganizer has to be acquired in a special way on Pharo 2.0

The code now looks very similar to my C11 atomics code.

#if !defined
#define
#endif

I am not making this up.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Philippe Marschall
On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Philippe Marschall
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> As part of fixing Issue 820 [1] I have to change some configurations.
>> I though that if I do
>>
>> WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches
>>
>> all the configuration caches should be cleared. However that is not
>> what is happening. #preferenceAt: in WAApplication instances still
>> return the old value.
>
> *bump*
>
> I see three possible ways forward:
>  1. exclude Issue 820 from 3.2 and postpone it to 3.3
>  2. include Issue 820 as is in 3.2 and require everybody to to
> reregister their request handlers
>  3. delay 3.2 until somebody fixes the issue
>
> Opinions? I am split between 1 and 2, mostly because I don't know how
> big of a headache the current situation is on GemStone/S.

*bump*

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Tobias Pape

On 17.12.2014, at 14:59, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Philippe Marschall
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Philippe Marschall
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> As part of fixing Issue 820 [1] I have to change some configurations.
>>> I though that if I do
>>>
>>> WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches
>>>
>>> all the configuration caches should be cleared. However that is not
>>> what is happening. #preferenceAt: in WAApplication instances still
>>> return the old value.
>>
>> *bump*
>>
>> I see three possible ways forward:
>> 1. exclude Issue 820 from 3.2 and postpone it to 3.3
>> 2. include Issue 820 as is in 3.2 and require everybody to to
>> reregister their request handlers
>> 3. delay 3.2 until somebody fixes the issue
>>
>> Opinions? I am split between 1 and 2, mostly because I don't know how
>> big of a headache the current situation is on GemStone/S.
>
> *bump*

My opinion is 2.

:)

Best
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: WAAdmin clearConfigurationCaches not working

Johan Brichau-2
Sorry about my downtime. Life has been a little crazy on me these last few months.

Option 2 is fine. We can trigger reregistration on Metacello upgrade.
I’ll try to take care of this asap (if anything is still needed?

Johan

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry about my downtime. Life has been a little crazy on me these last few months.
>
> Option 2 is fine. We can trigger reregistration on Metacello upgrade.
> I’ll try to take care of this asap (if anything is still needed?

I still need to merge and commit the code ;-) this may take a few days.
Also I haven't heard anything whether the fix for Issue 835 [1] actually works.

 [1] https://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=835

Cheers
Philippe