WAComponent - Render an external page?

Mart-Mari Breedt
Hallo,

Is there a way to get a WAComponent to display an external web page?

I am talking about something similar to the frame/framesets/target type
of behaviour. I.e I have a menu on my left-hand side with some links in
it and a blank WAComponent on my right. Most of the time clicking on any
of the menu links causes the right-hand side to call a particular
component. This component then gets rendered on the right with my menu
still visible on the left. Now - Say I would like a link to Google om my
menu, how to I get Google to open in the right-hand component with my
menu still visible on the left? The pop-up anchor causes a new window to
be opened and the normal anchor with url replaces my entire window
contents with the webpage referenced by the url.

Thanks,

Mart-Mari

Re: WAComponent - Render an external page?

Dmitry Dorofeev
Try
to do something like

html html: '<iframe src="http://www.google.com"></iframe>'.

in your right side component.

But i am not sure I understand your needs clearly.

-Dmitry.

Mart-Mari Breedt wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> Is there a way to get a WAComponent to display an external web page?
>
> I am talking about something similar to the frame/framesets/target type
> of behaviour. I.e I have a menu on my left-hand side with some links in
> it and a blank WAComponent on my right. Most of the time clicking on any
> of the menu links causes the right-hand side to call a particular
> component. This component then gets rendered on the right with my menu
> still visible on the left. Now - Say I would like a link to Google om my
> menu, how to I get Google to open in the right-hand component with my
> menu still visible on the left? The pop-up anchor causes a new window to
> be opened and the normal anchor with url replaces my entire window
> contents with the webpage referenced by the url.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mart-Mari

RE: WAComponent - Render an external page?

Mart-Mari Breedt
Hallo Dmitry,

Thanks for your suggestion. I used

html html: '<iframe src="http://www.google.com" width=100% height=100%