WAComponent class>>applicationClass fix

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Looks like #applicationClass wasn't called anymore to allow subclasses
to override the application, so changed hardcoded WAApplication to a
call site here,

applicationNamed: aString
 | application |
 application := self applicationClass named: aString.
 application configuration addAncestor: WARenderLoopConfiguration new.
 application preferenceAt: #rootComponent put: self.
 ^application

This is based on VisualWorks 2.7b1.5.1, it might be fixed in the Squeak
stream already.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: WAComponent class>>applicationClass fix

Philippe Marschall
2007/6/29, Boris Popov <[hidden email]>:

> Looks like #applicationClass wasn't called anymore to allow subclasses
> to override the application, so changed hardcoded WAApplication to a
> call site here,
>
> applicationNamed: aString
>  | application |
>  application := self applicationClass named: aString.
>  application configuration addAncestor: WARenderLoopConfiguration new.
>  application preferenceAt: #rootComponent put: self.
>  ^application
>
> This is based on VisualWorks 2.7b1.5.1, it might be fixed in the Squeak
> stream already.

This is not the case. I remember having seen this patch before but we
rejected it because we saw no need tying a component to an application
and for subclassing applications. Can you elaborate what you need
application subclasses for?

Cheers
Philippe

> Cheers!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

Re: WAComponent class>>applicationClass fix

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] WAComponent class>>applicationClass fix

expiryPathFor:

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

2007/6/30, Boris Popov <[hidden email]>:
> expiryPathFor:

Looks like you just ruined the weekend of Lukas ;)

Less cryptic this means:
Valid point but we think this should be doable easier than by
subclassing WAApplication. An expired handler similar to an error
handler. There was once a bug for this ....

Cheers
Philippe

>  Cheers!
>
>  -Boris
>  (Sent from a BlackBerry)

Sorry Lukas! Oh I agree it should be simpler, but as things stand the suggested fix is the only way of subclassing application class especially considering presence of #applicationClass on WAComponent which isn't sent anywhere else as is.

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from an iPhone... NOT!)